New Dragon+ (Feb 2019): Saltmarsh & Greyhawk edition

John Roy1

First Post
I wrote the Greyhawk article...

And I’m glad people liked it. I can’t give you any more insight into Wotc’a Greyhawk plans but I can fill in a little detail. The idea to write about 5e Greyhawk was mine. I play Greyhawk in 5e and I pitched an article about the setting aimed at new players, they ran that by Wotc and they approved the idea for reasons known only to them. I’m glad the did! It was fun to write. They showed it to Luke Gygax and he decided he wanted to write something as well, so that’s how we got all that cool background. I made my decision to write about Greyhawk well before I knew of Saltmarsg and I made it independently of any marketing strategy so if Mike Mearls wants more Greyhawk I’d be very happy but I don’t know anything about that.

dave2008

Legend
And I’m glad people liked it. I can’t give you any more insight into Wotc’a Greyhawk plans but I can fill in a little detail. The idea to write about 5e Greyhawk was mine. I play Greyhawk in 5e and I pitched an article about the setting aimed at new players, they ran that by Wotc and they approved the idea for reasons known only to them. I’m glad the did! It was fun to write. They showed it to Luke Gygax and he decided he wanted to write something as well, so that’s how we got all that cool background. I made my decision to write about Greyhawk well before I knew of Saltmarsg and I made it independently of any marketing strategy so if Mike Mearls wants more Greyhawk I’d be very happy but I don’t know anything about that.

Thank you for the insight!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases