Dan Dillon is D&D's Newest Designer!

Who is Dan Dillon again? The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it ... Congrats to him, though.

Who is Dan Dillon again? The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it ...

Congrats to him, though.

gyor

Legend
He wrote the "Shadowdusk Hold" chapter of Mad Mage. We're friendly acquaintances on Facebook- I messaged him when I pulled that chapter out of the book to run it as it's own dungeon, and he had some great insights on it. Agreed that WOTC is lucky to have him.

Shadowdusk Hold was one of my favourite chapters!

gyor

Legend
Reading up on his work, he's done it all, monster design, developing, player material, 5e and Pathfinder, Setting Building, dungeon design, and so on, so I'm very pleased with both his experience and his creativity. I look forward to seeing what he adds to the WotC team.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
SOB got my job. jk. mostly. good for him certainly.

I need to figure out why "the kids today" like to watch streams of other people playing D&D (I don't get it, I really just don't and it makes me feel super old) and figure out how to cash in on that cache.

Anyway, *swallows murderous envy*, congratulations, Dan.

gyor

Legend
I'm so delighted to hear you enjoy it, thank you!

Your welcome. There is just so much you can do with it, use it as is, use it as a spring board for more Waterdeep Politics plot hooks, reuse the maps for a PC Stronghold outside of the Dungeon, ect...,

gyor

Legend
SOB got my job. jk. mostly. good for him certainly.

I need to figure out why "the kids today" like to watch streams of other people playing D&D (I don't get it, I really just don't and it makes me feel super old) and figure out how to cash in on that cache.

Anyway, *swallows murderous envy*, congratulations, Dan.

Look on the bright side, there is likely an opening with Kobold now.

Eubani

Legend
Congrats to Dan Dillon. I would be interested in hearing Dan Dillon's thoughts on the direction martial classes should take and the "complexity budget" they should be allowed to have.

Marc Radle

Legend
Dan is truly a great guy and a fantastic designer! I've had the pleasure of working with him often (and even hanging out with him in the Kobold Press booth at PaizoCon recently) and I agree that WotC is getting a real class act.

Looking forward to seeing what he does next!

Remove ads

Remove ads