Critical Role Kickstarter Predition Game: Guess the Funding Outcome (GTFO) - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Quote Originally Posted by akr71 View Post
    It is a lot of $ for a plushie.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone is backing at this level just to get the plushie, but who knows. Stuffed animals = clutter to me.

Personally, I would rather that the 17% cut of the pie needed to support the backer rewards were instead put into the film. But it could be that the rewards help make more money overall. Backer rewards are important in a many Kickstarters, but I'm not sure how necessary they are in this one.

More of an eye opener is the cut that Kickstarter itself and the credit card processors are taking.

I have not looked closely at Kickstarter, but is it a flat percentage regardless of amount funded or does the percentage go down with higher funding levels? Almost a million of this is going to just to use Kickstarter and process payments.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

@MNblockhead I agree. There were no backer levels or swag that I thought remotely interesting. I wanna see the cartoon, not pay through the nose for something that is gonna end up at the back of my closet.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Critical Role Kickstarter Predition Game: Guess the Funding Outcome (GTFO)

Quote Originally Posted by MNblockhead View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone is backing at this level just to get the plushie, but who knows. Stuffed animals = clutter to me.

Personally, I would rather that the 17% cut of the pie needed to support the backer rewards were instead put into the film. But it could be that the rewards help make more money overall. Backer rewards are important in a many Kickstarters, but I'm not sure how necessary they are in this one.

More of an eye opener is the cut that Kickstarter itself and the credit card processors are taking.

I have not looked closely at Kickstarter, but is it a flat percentage regardless of amount funded or does the percentage go down with higher funding levels? Almost a million of this is going to just to use Kickstarter and process payments.
    It works out to about 10% total, pretty consistently. Half of that is fees, the other half is failed pledges. That figure tracks pretty much standard across Kickstarters of all sizes.

For example, my Judge Dredd Kickstarter made 148K in pledges. The amount we actually received was 133K.
    XP BookBarbarian, MNblockhead gave XP for this post

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by akr71 View Post
    It is a lot of $ for a plushie.
    Ah, I interpreted your comment as absolute rather than relative to price.

Also, I was being a bit silly, though Trinket does have the "Aww..." factor going for him, unlike the stickers and pins, which I totally don't get.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Harzel View Post
    Ah, I interpreted your comment as absolute rather than relative to price.

Also, I was being a bit silly, though Trinket does have the "Aww..." factor going for him, unlike the stickers and pins, which I totally don't get.
    I think the Venn diagram overlap of Critters and Collectors is pretty high, and these are limited run items.

And @Tazawa takes the lead! There's only 10 hours remaining, and most online prediction tools are telling us that @Mort and
    @Zardnaar are in the best position to win. (My spreadsheet, on the other hand, is stubbornly suggesting either @Mistwell or @Morrus for the win.) Critters are crazy, though...we likely won't know for sure until after tonight's show.

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Lol I just pulled a number out of my butt and added some random numbers on the end of it.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
    Lol I just pulled a number out of my butt
    Doesn't sound like you.
    Laugh Mistwell laughed with this post

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Doesn't sound like you.
    Be nice, I can often cite my numbers if I have to, otherwise I'll say its an opinion. Like if its about sales of the D&Ds Art and Arcana for example has published a lot of the numbers I was using that.

I can cite Paizos sales numbers for 2012 for example it just get repetitive if people play the cite game on every post you make, I don't have a document so where with links to everything so I have to go and google stuff and track it down.

@SkidAce takes the lead, with 4 hours to go!
    XP SkidAce gave XP for this post