Critical Role Critical Role Kickstarter Predition Game: Guess the Funding Outcome (GTFO)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
It is a lot of $ for a plushie.

I find it hard to believe that anyone is backing at this level just to get the plushie, but who knows. Stuffed animals = clutter to me.

Personally, I would rather that the 17% cut of the pie needed to support the backer rewards were instead put into the film. But it could be that the rewards help make more money overall. Backer rewards are important in a many Kickstarters, but I'm not sure how necessary they are in this one.

More of an eye opener is the cut that Kickstarter itself and the credit card processors are taking.

I have not looked closely at Kickstarter, but is it a flat percentage regardless of amount funded or does the percentage go down with higher funding levels? Almost a million of this is going to just to use Kickstarter and process payments.

akr71

Hero
[MENTION=6796661]MNblockhead[/MENTION] I agree. There were no backer levels or swag that I thought remotely interesting. I wanna see the cartoon, not pay through the nose for something that is gonna end up at the back of my closet.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I find it hard to believe that anyone is backing at this level just to get the plushie, but who knows. Stuffed animals = clutter to me.

Personally, I would rather that the 17% cut of the pie needed to support the backer rewards were instead put into the film. But it could be that the rewards help make more money overall. Backer rewards are important in a many Kickstarters, but I'm not sure how necessary they are in this one.

More of an eye opener is the cut that Kickstarter itself and the credit card processors are taking.

I have not looked closely at Kickstarter, but is it a flat percentage regardless of amount funded or does the percentage go down with higher funding levels? Almost a million of this is going to just to use Kickstarter and process payments.

It works out to about 10% total, pretty consistently. Half of that is fees, the other half is failed pledges. That figure tracks pretty much standard across Kickstarters of all sizes.

For example, my Judge Dredd Kickstarter made £148K in pledges. The amount we actually received was £133K.

Harzel

Adventurer
It is a lot of $ for a plushie.

Ah, I interpreted your comment as absolute rather than relative to price.

Also, I was being a bit silly, though Trinket does have the "Aww..." factor going for him, unlike the stickers and pins, which I totally don't get.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ah, I interpreted your comment as absolute rather than relative to price.

Also, I was being a bit silly, though Trinket does have the "Aww..." factor going for him, unlike the stickers and pins, which I totally don't get.

I think the Venn diagram overlap of Critters and Collectors is pretty high, and these are limited run items.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And [MENTION=11334]Tazawa[/MENTION] takes the lead! There's only 10 hours remaining, and most online prediction tools are telling us that [MENTION=762]Mort[/MENTION] and
[MENTION=6716779]Zardnaar[/MENTION] are in the best position to win. (My spreadsheet, on the other hand, is stubbornly suggesting either [MENTION=2525]Mistwell[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] for the win.) Critters are crazy, though...we likely won't know for sure until after tonight's show.

Zardnaar

Legend
Doesn't sound like you. ;)

Be nice, I can often cite my numbers if I have to, otherwise I'll say its an opinion. Like if its about sales of the D&Ds Art and Arcana for example has published a lot of the numbers I was using that.

I can cite Paizos sales numbers for 2012 for example it just get repetitive if people play the cite game on every post you make, I don't have a document so where with links to everything so I have to go and google stuff and track it down.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases