HERE IS SOME F**KING D&D: A Micro RPG In Four Pages

DM Magic

Adventurer
Some time ago I came across HERE'S SOME F**KIN' D&D, a micro RPG that's been floating around the internet for a number of years. In fact, here's a thread on Reddit about it from three years ago. I've run it a ton of times at bars, barbeques, picnics, and camping and I'm such a huge fan that I redid it and I'm releasing that effort to you all.

The Story: I love gaming at bars and micro RPGs work well in that setting. Unfortunately, I never really found a micro RPG that had the crunch vs. simplicity mix just right. Then a few years ago I came across HERE'S SOME F**KIN' D&D, which comes suuuper close to the mix I want—but it had a few issues that bugged me. So I rebuilt it in InDesign and fixed the stuff that bugged me.

It's a complete overhaul of the original: I reordered and reworded things for better reference, rebalanced things (bards and halflings sucked in the original), used the original fonts from AD&D, made it so spellcasters could pick their own spells, redid the spells from the ground up using the same language style, added monster creation, monster examples, some magic items, hirelings, and then rounded the whole thing out with some random tables.

Also included is a clean version with all of the swears removed: perfect for teaching young children. Put a copy of it inside a pencil box with some index cards, golf pencils, and dice and you have an RPG you can take anywhere.

Without further ado, I bring to you HERE IS SOME F**KING D&D: A micro RPG in four pages.

Cool. Definitely a nice, condensed and simplified version for showing kids (or non-gaming friends who might be daunted by complex rules) the basics of the game.

I'd often said that you could probably condense the basics of the d6 system (i.e. Star Wars d6) into a couple of pages or a brochure/pamphlet. I'd never done it, but the thought had crossed my mind. Otherwise, the shortest actually published RPG I could think of was the 1st edition of Big Eyes, Small Mouth, which was a pretty short booklet (before later editions started adding in huge amounts of optional rules). . .in fairly large type, with some illustrations. . .that could also probably be condensed to a few pages.

It's cool to see super-short portable works made.

dave2008

Legend
This looks pretty awesome - thank you for sharing? I haven't gone through it all yet, but something that stood out was the d10 for a monks unarmed attacks. It seems more thematic to me if it was less damage, but more attacks. Just a thought.

DM Magic

Adventurer
This looks pretty awesome - thank you for sharing? I haven't gone through it all yet, but something that stood out was the d10 for a monks unarmed attacks. It seems more thematic to me if it was less damage, but more attacks. Just a thought.

That's a great idea!

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
:):):):) YES!

This might just be the greatest and best :):):):)ing thing I have ever :):):):)ing seen.

Seriously, thank you so much for
A) revamping this dope :):):):)
and
B) calling the existence of this :):):):) to my attention, you magnificent mother:):):):)er.

I :):):):)ing LOVE it. If I could give you all the :):):):)ing XP, I totally :):):):)ing would, but have this one lousy :):):):)ing XP I can give, at least.

Last edited:

Remove ads