2E Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,321
    Aego tries a sip from the Balrog Blast, cautious after the last ale he had. His face lights up from the pleasantly strong aroma, and the elf takes a big gulp of the stuff.

    "This is good," he remarks to Blossom, smiling at the woman warmly. "No vegetarian here, lass; I'll have whatever you're serving!"

    He gives the serving girl an exaggerated wink, then waits for her to serve him a platter. Only after she is done does Aego avert his attention back to Weleand, eager to hear of his response to Clalic's question.

  2. #32
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,583
    Dorana eats heartly of the pig and listens to what others are saying.

  3. #33
    After everyone eats their fill, Blossom clears what little remains of the piglet and vegetables. She brings another pitcher of Balrog Blast and one of Ale.
    Weleand leans back in his chair and says, "Well now I am ready to enlighten you to the task I have in mind. You see an old friend of mine one Bobby Bard has gone missing for several years. He once had a splendid home a few day's journey from here to the east. I visited him on occasion and he was always an interesting and generous host. I fear the worst and I have recently discovered that his home has been overrun by a band of Kobolds. Individually, Kobolds are nothing to even the most inexperienced fighter but they can be quite a handful in a group. I think you can handle them though. What I need you to do is travel to Bobby's home, clear out the Kobolds, find out Bobby's status, and if he is dead bring me back an item I loaned him a couple of years ago. If he is yet alive, give him by best wishes and this scroll." Weleand hands you a scroll case sealed with a wax seal that bears the image of a Ki-Rin rearing up on its hind legs. "For clearing out the Kobolds I will pay you each 100 gold pieces, half payable now and half when you return with news. Now for the good part; if Bobby is dead you may keep anything you find in his domicile except for the item I require. That is a statue of a Raven carved from Obsidian. It is only of sentimental value to me now but I do desire to have it back, as there is a place on my mantelpiece that is currently empty. I know Bobby was a collector of valuables, and magic so there may be quite a treasure awaiting you if the Kobolds have not destroyed or lost any of it. Bobby was also a trickster and scattered about his home were several interesting illusions, tricks, and traps. As I said before, Kobolds can be quite nasty in a group so you may need some supplemental healing beyond what Dorana can provide. So I am giving you 3 tins of Keoghtom's Ointment to use as you need. For your information if an application is placed on a poisoned wound or swallowed, it detoxifies any poison or disease. Rubbed on a wound it heals damage similar to Dorana's Cure Light Wounds spell (OOC - 1d4+8). Each tin has 5 applications so use them sparingly. This is my gift to you in the hopes that you succeed and return stronger and more capable for future assignments. So, what do you think? Can you handle this task? Of course I will provide you with a map to Bobby's place and even a sketch of what I recall the layout of his home is like."
    Last edited by William Smith1; Tuesday, 4th June, 2019 at 03:25 AM.

  4. #34
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,583
    Dorana

    "'Ow long 'ave the Kobolds been thair, if you ken?" she asks. "'Ave you sent anyone else to look for this item? You said yer friend is missing fer years."

  5. #35
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    "100 Gold for running off some kobolds and grab a knick knack. Sounds good to me." Clalick says with confidence.

  6. #36
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,321
    "Sounds like we just have to prove ourselves," notes Aego quietly with a smug grin, looking around at the others. Then he stays silent, awaiting the answers from Weleand to Dorana's questions.

  7. #37
    Weleand says, "Dorana, very good questions. I appreciate your curiosity and needing more information. Unfortunately Bobby and I were not close and I did not notice his absence for some time. As far as the Kobolds, well I just found out within the past few weeks of their invasion of Bobby's place. I have not sent anyone else there as you are the first I have tasked with this mission. If you fail, I may need to investigate myself but I would rather you succeed and return to me with the answers I seek. Clalick, I appreciate your enthusiasm and mercenary fervor. And yes Aego I am looking forward to you all proving yourselves on this mission and being open to other more difficult missions in the future." Weleand provides you with a map showing the location of Bobby's domicile. It looks to be about 4 days journey from the City State most of which is on well traveled trade routes.

  8. #38
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    "Seems pretty straight forward to me. By the looks of those around me and my guess the traps are going to be the most trouble. I will do my best to handle those." Clalick says emboldened by the drink.

  9. #39
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,583
    "Could we have some trail rations for the journey to and fro? After that, I suppose we can leave in the morning." Dorana says, finishing her ale.

  10. #40
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,321
    Spreading the map out across the table in front of him after making sure the surface is reasonably clean, Aego studies the various landmarks.

    Im sure we will not disappoint you, the elf says distractedly.

    Any known kobold lairs hereabouts? he motions to the area surrounding Bobbys place. Or wizard towers?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: Sunday, 15th January, 2017, 02:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •