A Look At The D&D Acquisitions Inc. Book

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

book_aidnd05.jpg

Details include:
  • Authors: Shawn Merwin, Teos “Alphastream” Abadia, and Scott Fitzgerald Grey.
  • Archetypes: cartographer, decisionist, documancer, hoardsperson, loremonger, obviator, occultant, secretarian.
  • New race: Verdan.
  • A complete adventure.
  • Monster & NPC stat blocks.

gyor

Legend
The Verdan is the only part that interests me. "Sexy Goblins" that were created from a army of Hobgoblins and Goblins that was devoured by an Eldrich Power. That sounds weird and interesting and it's the first unique official race for 5e (unless you count the Aasimar and Tiefling subraces as new races) or the that blue race from Ravnica which.

"Beyond this, Acquisitions Incorporated will even include a brand-new character race called the Verdan. Little is known about them yet—to the best of my knowledge, we haven’t even seen them in an official Acq Inc. game yet!—but I managed to learn a few choice details. The nomadic and mysterious Verdan are a new race that they tongue-in-cheek pitched to D&D Managing Editor Jeremy Crawford as "sexy goblins," and have unique powers of adaptation and evolution. Jerry Holkins (player of Omin Dran and Dungeon Master of The "C" Team) explained that the Verdan have their origins in an unresolved plot thread from season 2 of The "C" Team, when an army of goblins and hobgoblins were consumed by an eldritch power. Now reborn as the Verdan, they are emerging from the Underdark with a hunger for new knowledge, new experiences, and new cultures to adapt to."

gyor

Legend
The weird thing is according to Chris Perkins Aquinions Inc is canon, which means they just added a new major race to the Forgotten Realms and somewhat modern Corporate structures. The sexy eldrich goblin Verdan feel less weird and out of place then corporate structures, I mean what FR nation incorporated them?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
He probably said AI was canon so that people would get annoyed by it and finally stop worrying about Forgotten Realms canon, which is what they've been trying to get people to do now for years. ;)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The weird thing is according to Chris Perkins Aquinions Inc is canon, which means they just added a new major race to the Forgotten Realms and somewhat modern Corporate structures. The sexy eldrich goblin Verdan feel less weird and out of place then corporate structures, I mean what FR nation incorporated them?

Buy the book and find out, I reckon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Some further food for thought regarding the canon nature of Acquisitions, Inc., from the Forgotten Realms Godfathers:

https://twitter.com/theedverse/status/752552770880712704?lang=en

https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/638450611508391936

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I propose Sembia.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sembia

The people of Sembia were natural traders, haughty and sometimes cutthroat, they thoroughly enjoyed any opportunity to make a deal for power and hold onto what they earn. They religiously observed contract law and always paid their debts, with full interest. As a nation they had a young, aggressive attitude when it came to foreign relations.[1] Unfortunately the zeal of the nobles turned to intense competition with one another, and they were never truly able to unite under a singular vision of their future.[11]

Corruption was rampant in Sembian society, so as long as it did not interfere with the business at hand. Shady dealings were celebrated and the nation exhibited a vague racism, turning away outlanders that "looked different" than the lighter-skinned families that had long-established businesses within the realm.[11]

Psyzhran2357

First Post

As far as I can tell, they "incorporated" while still in the Nentir Vale. I don't know who, if anybody, registered them; I'm leaning towards the "Inc." just being added on to sound pretentious. Anyways, in Faerun, their main office is in Waterdeep, while their C-Team's office is in Red Larch in the Dessarin Valley.

Remove ads

Remove ads