[Merged] D&D forum renaming thread

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Forum Reorganization .... Woah!

Just a change of names so far, that’s all. I was worried about awesome D&D articles like the Jim Ward column getting the eyeballs they deserve.

I’ll see how it goes for a week or two while the mandatory reflex reactions settle down. :)

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
D&D forums have merged?

This is confusing. Is there a way to tag the 5e threads automatically so I can filter for them?

Retreater

Legend
Also Pathfinder/Starfinder has been pulled out to its own forum.

I wonder if the multiple editions of D&D being under one forum will be confusing? Also, I wonder if we'll see more edition warring? (For example, if I post asking a question about 4E - my preferred edition - will the 5E fans come and harass everyone?)

Dausuul

Legend
Unfortunately, it appears they have merged. Hopefully this horrible idea will be reversed quickly.

I agree, this is a real pain. I just suggested awarding Inspiration to somebody playing 3.5.

I wouldn't mind having the non-edition-specific threads in common, but I don't want to see threads specific to previous editions when I'm here to talk 5E. And I dare say the folks playing those editions would rather not be spammed with 5E topics, either.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Yeah, I had already posted something in meta-forum.

Oops, I didn't realize there was a meta-forum. But I see the thread has been moved, so it's all good. (Plus, anyone else in the D&D forum who's confused can see the placeholder and go to the right place.)

Remove ads