New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Thinking about Perkins detailed description of Baldur's Gate some more, it really sounds like a Hell on Earth, in D&D terms: a rigid, militarized plutocracy ruled by corrupt Dukes. Gave it a violent Lawful Evil cast of character. I could see BG being the springboard for a...descent...

Pretty sure the Lore you should know is talking about Baldurs Gate because of the DMs Guild Hardcover that was just released, written by the guy that did the video games.

As that is set over 100 years ago in the setting, and the political situation is completely different these days, probably not.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

I’ll be checking out the stream next weekend but luckily if I miss anything, ENworld will cover it for me pretty quickly! :)

I’m not going to be up at 2am Saturday morning! But I’ll catch up later, hopefully. You’ll probably know before I do. :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's not completely different. It's still ruled by a ducal council. The Dukes may have become more evil over the years, but what would you expect?

The point is that Perkins goes into great detail about the NPCs who hold those positions currently in the late 15th century DR, and the work the WotC has put into figuring out the current situation: which is completely unrelated to the DMsGuild product set in the mid-14th century DR. The only reason Perkins would have spent this much energy on the topic, behind the scenes, would be if it is relevant to his job, namely writing the big Adventure Path for the year

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases