New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

gyor

Legend
Stewart pushing 4 announcements (one of which is a surprise being saved for Sunday) indicates they are more than just accessories. He’s never pushed an accessory with an announcement. They have always been revealed in ads or online articles.

And you don’t push 4 product announcements for your big streaming event if you only have 2 actual announcements people care about. No one is gonna be wowed by dice sets.

Beyond that, we have evidence to assume the box set is much more than just a dice accessory to the main product. Otherwise why cut off his cohost on the last Spoilers and Swag? Everyone already assumes you’re making a dice set for your adventures. So saying “this dice set is awesome, it has so much more in it than the last one” isn’t a huge give away.

And notice the language that was used on the stream. He didn’t refer to the product as a dice set. He referred to it as a box set. And he specifically said it’s better than the last box set they did. They have only ever done one (EDIT: Two with the Stranger Things Starter) other box set for 5e. So there’s no reason for him to have said that unless the new product is a revised or improved version of the starter set.

The speculation will be over soon. Everything will be revealed. But I’m positive the new box set isn’t what’s listed on Amazon.

It could be a Setting Box Set, say for Eberron, instead of just a Starter Set.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So looks like we were spot on with the Adventure book. "Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus"

https://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_...+Book+(D&D+Adventure),COLLECTIF,9780786966769

One correct. 3 more to go. Shout out to Parmandur for being on the Baldurs Gate connection before anyone!

Boom!

They just kept talking about Baldur's Gate, and getting way too detailed.

Interestign that the name pattern matches "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist."
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] might warrant a new story for your front page.

Last edited by a moderator:

GarrettKP

Explorer
The naming convention makes me think the mystery 4th product is another adventure. Like Mad Mage. Maybe detailing the rest of the layers of hell?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The naming convention makes me think the mystery 4th product is another adventure. Like Mad Mage. Maybe detailing the rest of the layers of hell?

I honestly wouldn't it past Perkins to turn the Nine Hells into a Cosmic Megadungeon (which it kinda already is).

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus doesn't have the same ring to it as Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, but maybe they're hoping that "Baldur's Gate" will draw more people in, particularly those who are familiar with the video games.

It also seems odd to give equal prominence to a mundane human city and the Nine Hells. I mean, one of these things is a LOT more exciting than the other...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus doesn't have the same ring to it as Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, but maybe they're hoping that "Baldur's Gate" will draw more people in, particularly those who are familiar with the video games.

It also seems odd to give equal prominence to a mundane human city and the Nine Hells. I mean, one of these things is a LOT more exciting than the other...

Well, you have to start somewhere: also, based on my intuition after listening to Perkin's LYSK attached to yesterday's Dragon Talk, the whole dang city might be under threat of descending into Avernus. Which is Metal AF.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases