New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent' - Page 21
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Farquhar View Post
    People wanting to build up their expectations to ridiculous levels, so they have something to complain about for the rest of the year?
    I was seriously wondering if I was missing something: they are certainly amping up thee game this year.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKP View Post
    Stewart pushing 4 announcements (one of which is a surprise being saved for Sunday) indicates they are more than just accessories. Hes never pushed an accessory with an announcement. They have always been revealed in ads or online articles.

And you dont push 4 product announcements for your big streaming event if you only have 2 actual announcements people care about. No one is gonna be wowed by dice sets.

Beyond that, we have evidence to assume the box set is much more than just a dice accessory to the main product. Otherwise why cut off his cohost on the last Spoilers and Swag? Everyone already assumes youre making a dice set for your adventures. So saying this dice set is awesome, it has so much more in it than the last one isnt a huge give away.

And notice the language that was used on the stream. He didnt refer to the product as a dice set. He referred to it as a box set. And he specifically said its better than the last box set they did. They have only ever done one (EDIT: Two with the Stranger Things Starter) other box set for 5e. So theres no reason for him to have said that unless the new product is a revised or improved version of the starter set.

The speculation will be over soon. Everything will be revealed. But Im positive the new box set isnt whats listed on Amazon.
    It could be a Setting Box Set, say for Eberron, instead of just a Starter Set.
    XP GarrettKP gave XP for this post

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    It could be a Setting Box Set, say for Eberron, instead of just a Starter Set.
    Theoretically yes. I'd still put my money on it being a new starter set, but specifically for whatever setting they announce. All signs point to Eberron.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

So looks like we were spot on with the Adventure book. "Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus"

https://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_P...C9780786966769

One correct. 3 more to go. Shout out to Parmandur for being on the Baldurs Gate connection before anyone!
    XP Parmandur, Morrus, SkidAce, Azzy, vecna00 gave XP for this post

So looks like we were spot on with the Adventure book. "Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus"

https://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_P...C9780786966769

One correct. 3 more to go. Shout out to Parmandur for being on the Baldurs Gate connection before anyone!
    Boom!

They just kept talking about Baldur's Gate, and getting way too detailed.

Interestign that the name pattern matches "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist."

@Morrus might warrant a new story for your front page.
    Last edited by Parmandur; Friday, 17th May, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
    XP Morrus gave XP for this post

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

The naming convention makes me think the mystery 4th product is another adventure. Like Mad Mage. Maybe detailing the rest of the layers of hell?
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

The naming convention makes me think the mystery 4th product is another adventure. Like Mad Mage. Maybe detailing the rest of the layers of hell?
    I honestly wouldn't it past Perkins to turn the Nine Hells into a Cosmic Megadungeon (which it kinda already is).

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus doesn't have the same ring to it as Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, but maybe they're hoping that "Baldur's Gate" will draw more people in, particularly those who are familiar with the video games.

It also seems odd to give equal prominence to a mundane human city and the Nine Hells. I mean, one of these things is a LOT more exciting than the other...

Quote Originally Posted by Prakriti View Post
    Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus doesn't have the same ring to it as Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, but maybe they're hoping that "Baldur's Gate" will draw more people in, particularly those who are familiar with the video games.

It also seems odd to give equal prominence to a mundane human city and the Nine Hells. I mean, one of these things is a LOT more exciting than the other...
    Well, you have to start somewhere: also, based on my intuition after listening to Perkin's LYSK attached to yesterday's Dragon Talk, the whole dang city might be under threat of descending into Avernus. Which is Metal AF.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

https://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_P...c9780786966837

Seems like we were both wrong on the Box Set. The site lists the dice and miscellany separate from this: The Essentials Kit.

So maybe a new revised version of the starter set, but not Eberron specific it seems.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post