New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent' - Page 22
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKP View Post
    https://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_P...c9780786966837

Seems like we were both wrong on the Box Set. The site lists the dice and miscellany separate from this: The Essentials Kit.

So maybe a new revised version of the starter set, but not Eberron specific it seems.
    Well, the name to me suggests maybe more of a neo-Expert Set: not an intro product, but a second product for folks who bought the Starter Set and want more. Something for folks with no FLGS, who buy their Magic & DnD stuff at Target or whatnot.
    @Morrus more grist for the mill.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

I'm taking half credit for my guess if the Essentials Kit is a new Starter Set. Got the setting wrong but whatever.

Which means I need to hit on one more guess to be over 50%. Really pulling hard for the Eberron hardcover now.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

I hope your guess is correct. I love Eberron (the setting I always DM in), and my fingers are crossed for an Eberron hardcover. Will all four products be revealed today?
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKP View Post
    I'm taking half credit for my guess if the Essentials Kit is a new Starter Set. Got the setting wrong but whatever.

Which means I need to hit on one more guess to be over 50%. Really pulling hard for the Eberron hardcover now.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolas.carrillos View Post
    I hope your guess is correct. I love Eberron (the setting I always DM in), and my fingers are crossed for an Eberron hardcover. Will all four products be revealed today?
    No. At least one reveal is being saved for Sunday night. Not sure when each will be announced outside of the Adventure, which will be announced tonight at the opening ceremonies.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolas.carrillos View Post
    Who says the Essentials Box Set is a beginner box? It could be anything. Starter Sets are labeled as such. What does WotC concider Essential? The PHB at least?

The title is just too vague.

As for Baldur's Gate: Avernus I think it's going to be a hard pass on that one too. I have an excellent Swordcoast Adventure already, the two part Waterdeep, a more interesting city then Baldur's Gate, which is one of the least interesting cities on the Swordcoast, which is one of the least interesting regions in FR, a great, but wasted setting.

I have no idea why I would want this adventure.

I pledged for the Arcana of the Ancients, Odyssey of the Dragonlords, and a Korea inspired D&D 5e Setting all of which appear to being showing more vision and imagination then WotC,while using the 5e system. Oh and I bought the 5e Scarred Lands and next month will likely buy Midguard 5e. So until WotC starts showing some vision and starts making better products and meaningfully moves AWAY from the Swordcoast to other parts of FR, I will focus on 3rd party settings. None of the books so far this year have interested me in the slightest. Not even a player options book, and no Aquistions Inc book does not count, I'm not a fan of Aquistions Inc.

Maybe I will have better luck next year.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    it's going to be a hard pass on that one too.
    Is that your favourite phrase?
    Laugh Parmandur, pukunui, gyor, Remathilis laughed with this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Is that your favourite phrase?
    Far from it, normally I don't say that honestly, it's rescent development.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    Who says the Essentials Box Set is a beginner box? It could be anything. Starter Sets are labeled as such. What does WotC concider Essential? The PHB at least?

The title is just too vague.

As for Baldur's Gate: Avernus I think it's going to be a hard pass on that one too. I have an excellent Swordcoast Adventure already, the two part Waterdeep, a more interesting city then Baldur's Gate, which is one of the least interesting cities on the Swordcoast, which is one of the least interesting regions in FR, a great, but wasted setting.

I have no idea why I would want this adventure.

I pledged for the Arcana of the Ancients, Odyssey of the Dragonlords, and a Korea inspired D&D 5e Setting all of which appear to being showing more vision and imagination then WotC,while using the 5e system. Oh and I bought the 5e Scarred Lands and next month will likely buy Midguard 5e. So until WotC starts showing some vision and starts making better products and meaningfully moves AWAY from the Swordcoast to other parts of FR, I will focus on 3rd party settings. None of the books so far this year have interested me in the slightest. Not even a player options book, and no Aquistions Inc book does not count, I'm not a fan of Aquistions Inc.

Maybe I will have better luck next year.
    I think it's too early to to say pass.
    XP SkidAce gave XP for this post

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Even if it didn't leak, that Baldur's Gate logo in the upper-right corner of the screen is a dead giveaway!