D&D 5E Race choice for pure Hexblade build

Yes it does. Words have meanings.

But not as you think sometimes. You read more into it as I said.
You think "aligned" refers to rolling in order? Nope. The alignment could have happened after arranging a set of rolls like 12, 14, 16, 10, 8, 18 from highest to lowest.
After the arrangement they do align perfectly. If one of them was odd, they would not.

So no. Never implied rolling in order. But actually it does not matter. The probability of rolling them not in order is 720 times higher but still not high by any standard.
(Blue´s calculation should be for "rolled not in order" already.)

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
But not as you think sometimes. You read more into it as I said.
You think "aligned" refers to rolling in order? Nope. The alignment could have happened after arranging a set of rolls like 12, 14, 16, 10, 8, 18 from highest to lowest.
After the arrangement they do align perfectly. If one of them was odd, they would not.

So no. Never implied rolling in order. But actually it does not matter. The probability of rolling them not in order is 720 times higher but still not high by any standard.
(Blue´s calculation should be for "rolled not in order" already.)

The rolls weren’t in order highest to lowest either. I’ll give ya a chance though. What do you mean when you say aligned? Because at this time I can make no sense out of that comment except that aligned = in order

Sounds like someone that doesn’t want to admit they were wrong

No. But I don´t want to explain myself again. Please accept that we had some communication problem and accept that I did not want to imply that it was rolled in order.

And it is just not important enough to argue over semantics. Especially not in a foreign language. So please just drop it.

Just for reference: that is what align means in German. Nothing implys "rolling in order" except for the last bullet point maybe.
The second last bullet point "justiert" could also be translated with adjusted... the thrid last with "reconciled"... but I thought aligned would have been the better translation.
[h=2]aligned —[/h]ausgerichtet adj
·
angepasst adj
·
abgeglichen adj
·
justiert adj
·

in eine Linie gebracht

Last edited:

Mars Hall

Explorer
Stat rolls 18, 14, 16, 8, 10, 12

Pure Hexblade build, no multiclass. We start at level 4, probably play to level 10 at most.

I have two choices:

One a classic Vuman with PAM, GWM + 18 CHA on level 4, attacking with advantage with +3 (+8 - 5 from GWM) with Pact Glaive +1. From level 5 I have 3 attacks with GWM and on level 8- +2 CHA for 20 CHA and I am done.

Other one is Half-Elf drow with GWM (and later Elven Accuracy) and 20 CHA on level 4, attacking with advantage with +4 (+9 - 5 from GWM). However to get Elven Accuracy I have to wait till level 8 so max I will attack till level 8 is 2 attacks with advantage. From level 8 I will have two attacks with super advantage but Vuman will have 3 attacks with 20 CHA on level 8.

Darkness on Half-Elf is nice but both will switch to using Shadow of Moil anyway.

Since game is till level 10, I think Vuman is better choice as he comes online faster and allows to have 3 attacks from level 4. Even if we see level 12- he would still come ahead as he could take Resilence (CON) and have concentration effects much longer vs half-elf who would pick PAM on level 12.

I like Half-Elf Elven Accuracy, however I think that PAM is just too good to skip on pure Hexblade.
Three attacks is better than Elven Accuracy, IMO.

delph

Explorer
I've played two times with rolled stats and in both games had one character with rolled 18... And I've rolled 17,16,14 for one char - tabaxi monk. And yes it was broken for low lvl campaign and GM hated me. (And can't imagine what he would said to halfelf warlock with CHA 20+5 on first level, but his player quit after second game)

Remove ads