Paizo Product Roundup: Tyrant's Grasp Maps, Chronicle of Legends, Occult Adventures, and Ultimate Wi

We’re back, my wonderful friends! A single update wasn’t enough to contain everything Paizo, so here we are with another edition of the PAIZO NEWS UPDATE! There’s plenty of goodness to be had here in the twilight of Pathfinder 1E for both GMs and players, so let’s dig in to the juicy details!

First and foremost, a product near and dear to my heart as both a GM and a cartographer. Paizo knows the trials and tribulations our players put us through, and they’re generous enough to give us plenty of toys as a balm on our weary hearts and as a way to distract and impress our players. Hence, the map folios! Coming to us late May is the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Tyrant’s Grasp Poster Map Folio, likely coinciding with the last few Adventure Paths of that line. Three beautifully-illustrated poster-sized maps depict key locations in the Tyrant’s Grasp Adventure Path: the crusader city of Vigil, the distant nation of Xopatl, and the besieged nation of Lastwall. Good for use in a campaign, or for just admiring as cartographical works of art.

Next up is another knowing send-off to your beloved Pathfinder 1E campaigns – or, depending on your interests, a reason to start one up again! Did you think post-level-15 characters were already too gonzo and overpowered? Nonsense, says Pathfinder Player Companion: Chronicle of Legends! Pack your end-level character with new more powerful traits that grow in strength as you level, new ways to use and abuse your favorite spells, and even some feats that might make you consider giving prestige classes the time of day! The real paydirt here, however, is the magic items that gain power when used as a set, or legendary items that gain power as you do; and extra capstone abilities for everyone and for specific classes. If you’re going to go this nuts, why replace your capstones? Why not both? PUNCH THE SUN. BECOME A GOD. We mentioned Pocket Editions last Update, and Pocket Editions we have! Specifically, two more books are fresh out of the Golem’s miniaturization chamber. We’re really screaming through the core books here, and actually starting to see some familiar (read: recent) faces! First off the press is the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Occult Adventures Pocket Edition. Now your GM has no excuse to not know what bonkers nonsense your kineticist can get up to, and you have no excuse not to have the book to show him the rules! Cosplay as your character and bring this uncanny new power with you wherever you go, if only to teach your brain-dead barbarian friend that he too can enjoy the fruits of magical rituals. Just remember to wear a helmet in case the barbarian is averse to learning of any kind – they can be like that.
Last but certainly not least we have the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Wilderness Pocket Edition. I liked this book when it came out and I like it even more now that I can have a more-manageably-sized version of it. This may well be the last Pocket Edition printed for 1E, which means it may well be one of the last 1E books in publication. Granted, there are still a few months between its releases and the release of 2E, but the devs are being tight-lipped and I wouldn’t hold my breath. If that’s the case, though, I’m glad that 1E is going out with this book and its fellows mentioned above.

And that about does it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS UPDATE! Stay tuned for more to come from the Golem!

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWriter) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. If you enjoy the daily news and articles from EN World, please consider contributing to our Patreon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

travismccg

First Post
If now the second edition uses a pool of power points, does this mean occult powers also, like the psionic powers?

The power points system seems mostly a way to group a lot of "x times per day based on stat" powers under one roof. It isn't tied directly to psionics. classes will probably use that pool system for their extra stuff like boosting a spell or whatever, which is (at least in my mind) a hallmark of psionic classes.

Akodoken

Explorer
Paizo will have all the hardcovers in Pocket Edition now? Man, I am way behind on collecting those. I think I only have 1/3 of them.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases