Shazam! Review

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Just got back from watching Shazam and while it stays with a standard comic book formula it is really good and has some great drama and darker horror moments mixed with the family comedy of the trailers.

I think it manages to balance out its story elements, throws in a few easter egg references, keeps the pace moving and acknowledges the essentially silliness of the comic book genre.

Its got a lot, lot more than the trailers show and the villain really is Evil (best DC Villain so far). Its not as epic as Aquaman but does go a long way to setting up a huge new potential direction for the Worlds of DC - and it throws in some nice and unexpected cameos too

Billy Batson, I choose you

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I and my kids went to see it this morning. This is a movie aimed at teenagers, and I'm not saying that to knock on the film. I would have went crazy over this when I was younger, and this is the most uplifting and light-hearted of the DCEU. I would recommend it as a movie that comic book fans would enjoy, but teenage comic book fans are going to get even more out of it. When my kids left the theatre they kept pretending they had Shazam's powers. It left a good impression on them.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I just took my son to see it today and was really surprised at how good it was. I had a great time from start to finish.

Remove ads