Pathfinder 1E Sylph & Iron Flask

Centaur

First Post
So this may seem a bit of a odd question, but would an Iron Flask work on a Sylph? Or any other race with the Type: "Outsiders with the native subtype"?

From the write up on the Iron Flask, it fails to use a Type for what it can affect, just instead using the Descriptor "When the user speaks the command word, he can force any creature from another plane into the container, provided that creature fails a DC 19 Will save." While this does not use this term outsider here, am I not correct that this would generally mean any outsider?

I suppose the question here is one of language and how closely you follow the spirit of the rules. And does the Native Subtype here nullify the outsider portion?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
My understanding of PF is not nearly as exacting as the rest of my group [meaning the group I am IN not a group I run] would that yes, in fact, the "native" subtype effectively cancels out the "outsider" thing. The description says, explicitly, a creature from another plane. As a "native' outsider, you are no longer "from another plane," but "native" to the plane on which it is.

So, points for creativity, but no I would not allow a native outsider to be affected by the Iron Flask.

Centaur

First Post
Thanks for the input steeldragons. I am wondering however if there could be a point in the characters career where this could potentially change. And this may be where the GM and player need to be in sync on things but if your campaign had reached a point where it was about to go epic, and the Sorcerer had recently gained the 20th level ability from the Djinni Bloodline that allows him to grant the wishes of others... would you for flavour sake allow it? Reaching I know but hey.. Isn't Flavour a little bit like reaching sometimes.

Remove ads