Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi argument - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Who?
    Shorelock Holmes!

You know, he had a famous brother named Sherlock that everyone always woos over...but poor Shorelock is always forgotten. Shorelock was the beach dude who was an awesome surfer. If there was a wave, he'd surf it. Unfortunately, he couldn't get further away than 400 meters before he'd have too much temptation and have to catch a big one. He always was stuck somewhere close to the shore. On waves, he'd obviously surf back to shore...and when he wanted to go inland, just missed the surf far too much.

He is famous for inventing the quotes...

Dude
    Far Out
    Spaced
    Curl

And other such famous things. He'd probably be better known along with his side kick Watch Her, but that Sherlock just seemed to get all the media attention back in the day instead of Shorelock.

Laugh Satyrn, Michael Silverbane laughed with this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by doctorbadwolf View Post
    The difference is semantic. Your posts continually push those infleunces quite strongly as things that must be contended with. Telling me that I’m “ignoring” the connection of Campbell, for instance.

The actual point of contention is whether it’s new and interesting to make female heroes that are different from male heroes because of their gender. IMO, few things could be less new or interesting.
    The difference isn't as much semantic as it is subtle. Being "bound" implies imprisonent; but being rooted in or connected with implies depth and lineage to a tradition of thinking.

Anyhow, what is your issue with recognizing that men and women are different? Do you really prefer to see female heroes that are completely interchangeable with male heroes, as if there are no differences between the two when there clearly are, if only on the biological and physical level?

And a question: do you see a difference between stereotypes and archetypes?

Hydra (Lvl 25)

Quote Originally Posted by GreyLord View Post
    Shorelock Holmes!

You know, he had a famous brother named Sherlock that everyone always woos over...but poor Shorelock is always forgotten. Shorelock was the beach dude who was an awesome surfer. If there was a wave, he'd surf it. Unfortunately, he couldn't get further away than 400 meters before he'd have too much temptation and have to catch a big one. He always was stuck somewhere close to the shore. On waves, he'd obviously surf back to shore...and when he wanted to go inland, just missed the surf far too much.

He is famous for inventing the quotes...

Dude
    Far Out
    Spaced
    Curl

And other such famous things. He'd probably be better known along with his side kick Watch Her, but that Sherlock just seemed to get all the media attention back in the day instead of Shorelock.

That's a far far better answer than I was gonna give.

Or should I say, "Far out, my dear Watch Her."