Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
tumblr_ppuzbbfbTj1vr719go8_540.gif

tumblr_n4vbmqo32k1txzmuao2_540.gif

The Landlady is Rey's mother, confirmed?

variant

Adventurer
How the hell can you have Rise of Skywalker when there's no damn Skywalker in it? Is Kylo secretly Luke's son adopted by Han and Leia or something? Because it would far stupider to have Rey be a Skywalker at this point.

MarkB

Legend
How the hell can you have Rise of Skywalker when there's no damn Skywalker in it? Is Kylo secretly Luke's son adopted by Han and Leia or something? Because it would far stupider to have Rey be a Skywalker at this point.

Well, Kylo is technically the son of a Skywalker, Leia's adoptive surname notwithstanding. And just because Luke is dead, that doesn't mean he won't be participating in this movie.

variant

Adventurer
Well, Kylo is technically the son of a Skywalker, Leia's adoptive surname notwithstanding. And just because Luke is dead, that doesn't mean he won't be participating in this movie.

It's end of the Skywalker line though with Luke being dead and having no children. Even if he technically has Skywalker blood, that still doesn't make him a Skywalker. There will never be another person with the last name Skywalker.

MarkB

Legend
It's end of the Skywalker line though with Luke being dead and having no children. Even if he technically has Skywalker blood, that still doesn't make him a Skywalker. There will never be another person with the last name Skywalker.

You make it sound like that's important for some reason.

tglassy

Adventurer
Haven't read the whole thread, but the few theories I've heard are that A) Luke does have children, either Rey or someone else. B) The Rise of Skywalker refers to Luke's rising again. C) Kylo Ren is redeemed somehow. D) Skywalker is the new title for Jedi, and Rey is the first one.

I admit I like that last one, but every other trilogy had a "The" in front of it. Revenge of "THE" Sit". Return of "THE" Jedi. This is just "Rise of Skywalker", seeming to refer to a person rather than a group of some kind. However, B seems most likely, as apparently the translation of the title in other languages comes out "Skywalker Resurrected". But that could be a language thing.

I've heard thought that Rey is Palpatine's grandchild, which makes a fantastic image in my mind of Palpatine being a red Force Ghost, hovering behind the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, and Luke being a Force Ghost hovering behind the granddaughter of Palpatine, and the final epic battle is between Kylo and Rey, and between Luke and Palpatine. I'd love that symmetry , and Rey finding out she is not decended from some famous jedi, but from an evil beyond her comprehension, would suitably defy the trope.

Remove ads