WOIN [WOIN] Question about weapons, auto/burst trait and ammo!

kingpin000

Explorer
Hi there,

does it cost more than one bullet (rules-wise) when you use the auto trait for a cone attack or the burst trait for a burst area attack?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The game doesn’t really encourage you to track ammo, but offers an optional rule for a clip at the cost of 1/20th the base weapon. In those cases, these things would use a full clip each.

(Heavy burst weapons like rocket launchers use one shot each).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah, I didn't realise you were talking about Dredd. But the answer is the same; the Lawgiver fires one shot at a time in normal usage, whichever ammo it is using, but cone and spray type exploits use full standard execution clips.

kingpin000

Explorer
Its a general question and the Lawgiver was just an example that tracking ammo is a thing in the game.

In case I want track ammo, but using automatic weapons cause a little ruleswise headache. On the one hand, you may shoot areas, like throwing a grenade in an area (which you have to count), but on the other hand, clips of automatic weapons tend to be bigger like 20-50 bullets.

Crazy idea: area effects of automatic weapons cost number of bullets equal to feet of the size. So a Burst 2 costs 10 bullets and a cone from the auto trait costs 30 bullets.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you want to micromanage it to that extent, sure! I’d just abstract it to a full clip myself, but YMMV!

kingpin000

Explorer
I am working on my Mass Effect rules adaption of WOIN. The game has collection of very distinct assault rifles and submachine guns (for example different sizes of clips). The ammo tracking should create a distinct feeling for every weapon.

Edit: It also helps to determine which weapons gain the auto trait, if you know that a weapon must have a clip with at least 30 bullets. Weapons with smaller clips gain the burst trait.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases