The Washington Post Weighs In On D&D!

It's not just the New York Times writing about D&D. The Washington Post is weighing in too!

wp.jpg

D&D has been featuring in mainstream media for a while. The BBC wrote about it last year, and sites like Forbes, and even Popular Mechanics, have articles about the game.

Dausuul

Legend
The burning question of the day: Are the people in the picture LARPers or cosplayers? We must discover to which costumed tribe they belong, so that we may know whether to welcome them among us, or drive them hence with wailing and lamentations.

G

Guest 6801328

The burning question of the day: Are the people in the picture LARPers or cosplayers? We must discover to which costumed tribe they belong, so that we may know whether to welcome them among us, or drive them hence with wailing and lamentations.

Honestly I think WotC should just offer jobs to all of them, regardless of what they play. It would be worth it just to see a certain sub-group of gamers turn an apoplectic shade of purple.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Have you clicked through to the article? Because the picture has a big old caption and stuff. Your answer is literally just a click away.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So ... LARPing and dressing up was always that "bridge too far" for me. Kinda like the whole, "You've gone too far" brigade.

Which is hypocritical as heck, because, well, it's not cool for one geek to say, "Hey, I'm cool playing D&D and debating Picard v. Kirk, but RenFaire? NERDS!"

But with anime and videogames and whatnot, the whole Cosplay thing is pretty huge now. It's seriously mainstream, well, fairly mainstream. :)

So ... joke's on me? "No thanks, I don't dress up, I just roll dice and play my archaic TTRPG."

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Dausuul

Legend
Have you clicked through to the article? Because the picture has a big old caption and stuff. Your answer is literally just a click away.
I did click through to the article, and read it, and it was quite good (thanks for posting, by the way). I did not process whether the people in the picture were LARPing or cosplaying because I don't actually care; I'm just poking some gentle fun at the peculiar tribalisms of the RPG world.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases