Best Sci Fi Shows On ATM

The Handsmaid's Tale is great.

Isn't that Alternate History?

The Man in the High Castle is good too, I just wish they had a better release schedule lol Travelers was good and it just ended in a good place.

I honestly think that thanks to streaming services we are in a renaissance of sci-fi.

I am loving the Expanse, and am looking forward to the new season.
I have not finished watching Altered Carbon yet. It is really good, but also very dark and depressing (as cyberpunk should be).

Yes, mostly. Kind of. I mean, the ending was good-ish. Much better than a show that didn't have a planned (possible) ending.

But still ... I would have loved to see the "re-boot."
I would have liked to see it too, but it's not necessary you know what I mean?
It's .... not compelling enough? I don't know how to put my finger on it, but for the most part, this is a show that has all sorts of issues that I want explored, and it just feels ... undercooked.

I mean, I guess there's a season 4, and I'll watch it, but it's not a show that I get super excited about. I want it to be better than it is, I guess? I genuinely like some of the characters, for example (the Trade Minister, John Smith) and there are times that it can be good, but it's just-

It feels like, for the most part, it has the trappings of prestige TV but missed something of the core. It has neither the pleasure of true genre TV nor the depth of true great TV, but lingers somewhere in between?

It's still good, I just wish it was better.

EDITED TO ADD: I should note that opinions are subjective, and that both of these are very, very good shows. :) It's not like we're talking about Wynona Earp (coulda should woulda been good, but it wasn't).

Totally understandable, I on the other hand eagerly await the next season of Man in the High Castle, which looks like it will be the last,

[video=youtube;QtGqjxECVe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtGqjxECVe8[/video]as for Earp..I have to be in the right mood to watch it which doesn't happen often lol

Janx

Hero
How come Star Trek Discovery isn't on this list?

Counterpart (on Starz, about a covert parallel worlds exchange program)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases