GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 2

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
'​A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms '

Jamie presents his case to Bran, Daenerys and Sansa to answer for his mistakes: the gathered armies continue to prepare for battle against the White Walkers.

Copy1.jpg<strike></strike>

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Best exchange in the episode:

Tyrion: "You've had a strange journey."
Bran: "Stranger than most."
Tyrion: "I'd like to hear about it."
Bran: "It's a long story."
Tyrion: "If only we were trapped in a castle in the middle of winter with nowhere to go ..."

I've got to say, I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the previous. The dialogue is sharp and witty, and Lyanna Mormont in armor, hell yeah!
Also, that scene between Jamie and Brienne was perfect. Got me a bit emotional. Arya sideboob was a bit awkward... it's hard to not look at her like she was still the child from season 1.

I noticed a sharp difference in the quality of writing. The dialogue just seemed way more on point here compared to episode 1. Episode 1 felt a bit hasty in comparison, and it didn't quite invoke feelings the way this episode did. Now I'm pumped for the upcoming battle in episode 3. It is weird to think that after all that they'll have just another 3 episodes to wrap up everything else.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Arya grew up she's basically one of the best characters. Thought it was a great episode you could drop it into season 3 or 4.

It's going to be a rushed season though next week they might wrap the night King thing up. Not that they need much time really.

Come to think of it, the next episode could be the episode when we lose a lot of characters. If there's anything to learn from Game of Thrones, it's that it doesn't follow the traditional fantasy happy ending trope. It is quite likely that our beloved characters are going to lose this fight, and that a whole lot of characters are going to die. I don't think this story is steering towards a happy end... and if it is a happy end, it will probably be bitter sweet.

Last edited:

I think so, too. I like that they've been taking their time in building up to the big battle. The quieter, personal moments of this episode were great. The knighting of Brienne was a wonderful moment, with some great acting. But I think the next few episodes are going to see a heavy toll. And then whoever's left is going to have to deal with Cersei and her forces in the second half of the season.

Oh, and Tormund Giantsbane is absolutely insane. In the books, there's a knowing wink to go with his tall tales. In the TV series, there is no wink.

Come to think of it, the next episode could be the episode when we lose a lot of characters.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Tormund tackle-hugging Jon was probably one of my favorite spots. I agree that the fire-side stuff was well done as well.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
So, I guess it's safe to say that HBO and Florence and the Machine have finally reconciled since they performed the song during the end credits. I remember when HBO posted the Seven Devils trailer for season 2 it was quickly removed from Youtube due to Florence saying they'd given no permission for its use.

The trailer is once again viewable on Youtube, but most people saw the trailer from unofficial sources.

Oh, and Tormund Giantsbane is absolutely insane. In the books, there's a knowing wink to go with his tall tales. In the TV series, there is no wink.

I love what the show does with his character, and I love the actor that portrays him. He really is a delight to watch.

[video=youtube;oNQs6bRw8L8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNQs6bRw8L8[/video]

That was actually a really good episode. Not that it spells good things for the rest of the season, necessarily, since even the abominations that were Season 5 and 7 had one good episode each. But, yeah, it was great.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases