The King that Crawls

ZenBear

Explorer
Does anyone know if Torog is still canonical for 5th Edition? I name-dropped him in my campaign for the Halloween session, where a Chain Devil chased my party of 4th level characters through the Underdark when they happened across it during its pilgrimage down The King's Highway. I'm curious if I could add him in a story I'm writing that I intend to be as canonically accurate as I can make it.

Mike Mearls made him a demon lord for his homebrew 5e Nethir Vale game. If your concern was bringing him to FR without conflicting with the setting's canon, that is what I would suggest ("natural" portals in the Underdark that bring you to his layer of the Abyss, which just looks like the Underdark). Even in as chronicled a setting as FR, there must be a bunch of big demons who haven't been named (it's a big universe, and they haven't turned their attention to the Realms yet).

That would be consistent with what they did with the Raven Queen and I think I saw something about Vecna being an archlich.....

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Mike Mearls made him a demon lord for his homebrew 5e Nethir Vale game...

...That would be consistent with what they did with the Raven Queen and I think I saw something about Vecna being an archlich.....

I am tired of Mike Mearls et al spying on my home campaign and stealing all my good ideas.

dave2008

Legend
Does anyone know if Torog is still canonical for 5th Edition? I name-dropped him in my campaign for the Halloween session, where a Chain Devil chased my party of 4th level characters through the Underdark when they happened across it during its pilgrimage down The King's Highway. I'm curious if I could add him in a story I'm writing that I intend to be as canonically accurate as I can make it.

There is not a single D&D "canon." Are you talking about Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Eberron, Dragonlnace, Dawn War/Nentir Vale, etc. ?

As far as I know Torog was introduced in the 4e Dawn War / Nentir Vale setting. In 5e he is still listed as a god in the Dawn War setting, but there has been no official support for that setting other than mentioning it in the DMG. So I guess that means he is still canon in the Dawn War setting, but there is nothing official in 5e about him other than that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases