Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 178
  1. #1
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,960

    Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

    If you read this thread, you forfeit any right to complain about being spoiled.

    I knew that RDJ was going to go,but I didn't expect him to die and it was cool to see Cap pass the torch onto Sam, and all the little call backs to previous movies, and the confirmation that Cap is indeed worthy to hold Mjolnir. The last fight with everyone joining in was awesome and the all female grouping got a big cheer at my showing. When Clint and Nat going after the soul stone, I wasn't surprised it came down to a fight between them over who got to jump.

  2. #2
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,951
    1st, although there are some examples that are done better than most, let me say that I really really really dislike time travel. Even the better done examples. In comics, in movies, etc.

    With that said? End Game is about as good as it could be given its horrible central plot device.
    Hopefully now that they've ticked this particular box the MCU has gotten this out of its system....

    My favorite part? Watching two of my favorite characters wield the hammer.

    My least favorite part was old man Steve passing the shield.
    Not because I have anything against Sam, but because:
    1) I dislike turning one existing character into another. I didn't like that move in the comics & I like it no better here. But at least Bucky didn't get it. That's some consolation. And I hope to God that future movies don't give Sam both the shield + wings (and any version of that awful looking suit he wore in the comics).
    2) I think it would've been a better ending to leave the Avengers in the dark as to what happened to Steve.
    And then, after the credits, close it out with the scene of Steve & Peggy dancing back in the past.

    All in all? I was well entertained.

  3. #3
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    crestview, Fl
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by trappedslider View Post
    If you read this thread, you forfeit any right to complain about being spoiled.

    I knew that RDJ was going to go,but I didn't expect him to die and it was cool to see Cap pass the torch onto Sam, and all the little call backs to previous movies, and the confirmation that Cap is indeed worthy to hold Mjolnir. The last fight with everyone joining in was awesome and the all female grouping got a big cheer at my showing. When Clint and Nat going after the soul stone, I wasn't surprised it came down to a fight between them over who got to jump.
    I thought that it should have been the other. Yes, the one that didn't jump had those to go to if they were successful, but I'd still think the other should have been sacrificed instead of who was.
    On a side note, it is interesting how many waited to try to see if there was an end credits scene. Marvel has trained them well.

    I'll try to hide the next part, sorry if you are on the black screen instead of white.

    PS: There were no scenes in the credits or afterwards that I could see, just the sound if the hammer...

  4. #4
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    (and any version of that awful looking suit he wore in the comics).
    Anthony Mackie wanted to wear the red and white outfit when he took the part of falcon lol

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyLord View Post
    I'll try to hide the next part, sorry if you are on the black screen instead of white.


    PS: There were no scenes in the credits or afterwards that I could see, just the sound if the hammer...
    Well this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide anything

  5. #5
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    crestview, Fl
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by trappedslider View Post
    Anthony Mackie wanted to wear the red and white outfit when he took the part of falcon lol


    Well this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide anything
    I'm not wanting to go too far into the spoilers yet (I've held out for a little while at least already) until at least Friday and Saturday, or others spoil it first. Not wanting to be the one who really spoils it for someone who think they want to find things out, but didn't really want to know.

    The thing I put down though, was something I think was interesting.

    Most of those I saw stayed in their seats waiting for a scene that never came. I was caught in the middle so I couldn't get out without disturbing all of them. The even crazier thing...I managed to not have to go to the restroom until after the entire movie ended. For those as old as me, you know how hard that can be...and this is a long movie.

  6. #6
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    MarkB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,779
    It was a good "passing the torch" movie, and I'm glad that they brought these storylines to a conclusion, and that they didn't go for a consequence-free time travel reset that made the events of the previous movie not happen.

    That said, I still don't see how the final sequence with past-Thanos being wiped out doesn't violate their own self imposed time travel rules.

  7. #7
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by trappedslider View Post
    Anthony Mackie wanted to wear the red and white outfit when he took the part of falcon lol
    I was referring to the awful looking cap suit he got in the comics along with the shield.

  8. #8
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyLord View Post
    On a side note, it is interesting how many waited to try to see if there was an end credits scene. Marvel has trained them well.

    PS: There were no scenes in the credits or afterwards that I could see, just the sound if the hammer...
    I don't watch the credits for the end scenes. I never have. They're just nice modern extras.

    For movies I've enjoyed I watch the credits because:
    A great many virtually anonymous people worked really hard to entertain me for 2-3 hours. The least I can do, even though I'll never remember them/manage to read them all, is to read a few of their names as they scroll by.

    In general:
    When I see a movie opening weekend, or at popular times, there's so many people all trying to leave the theatre/parking lot/use the restrooms all at once that it's pointless for me to get up out of my seat. By the time the credits are finished the crowds dispersed.

  9. #9
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Mustrum_Ridcully's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Oldenburg
    Posts
    15,381
    I really liked how the trailers basically spoil absolutely nothing of importance, and about 10 minutes you have no idea how the movie will go, and I don't think anyone predicted this. I guess that is subverting expectations in the good way.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    It was a good "passing the torch" movie, and I'm glad that they brought these storylines to a conclusion, and that they didn't go for a consequence-free time travel reset that made the events of the previous movie not happen.

    That said, I still don't see how the final sequence with past-Thanos being wiped out doesn't violate their own self imposed time travel rules.
    Up to Old Steve Rogers on the bench, it made perfect sense to me.
    You can't change the past. It's set. When you travel in the past,you are really traveling to a parallel universe.
    You can do there whatever you want, including stealing stuff, and use it for your own purposes, it has no effect on the timeline you come from. Of course, you might screw over that universe if you steal something important, like the Infinity Stones, but you can also help them a great deal if you remove something dangerous, like, say a guy hell-bent on wiping out half the universe. So basically, their actions saved actually two universes (or the population worth one complete universe), because they undid the snap in their own timeline, and removed Thanos from the other.

    But I can't quite reconcile how that works for Old Steve Rogers. I mean it's possible there has always been a Steve Rogers that came back at some point to reunite with Agent Carter (clearly after the events of the series), and that's our old Steve Rogers now. But that suggests that travel into the past doesn't always end up with an alternate timeline. But how would the time travel mechanism "know" which option to pick?

  10. #10
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    I really liked how the trailers basically spoil absolutely nothing of importance, and about 10 minutes you have no idea how the movie will go, and I don't think anyone predicted this. I guess that is subverting expectations in the good way.
    The Russos admitted that some of what was in the trailers was fake, and you can noticed that in certain scenes like when every one comes to watch Captain Marvel brings Tony home Peper was edited out for the trailer.

Similar Threads

  1. Avengers Endgame Trailer #2
    By jonesy in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Monday, 15th April, 2019, 01:33 PM
  2. Avengers Endgame Trailer
    By jonesy in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Monday, 4th February, 2019, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •