Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

ccs

41st lv DM
Then why did they wrap up every other character (with the exception of Hawkeye who is getting a TV series). Why not pass on the hammer like they did with the shield?

Because maybe their not done with him yet? Or haven't decided one way or another yet?
So best to leave it vague & be flexible for the moment.

If Thor is never in another movie would you feel satisfied with this ending?

Yep. 100%.

Yeah. But we already knew there was a multiverse from Into the Spider-Verse.
Or that the MCU has always been Earth-199999.
That’s not really new to Marvel.

So now we're counting Spiderverse as cannon MCU? What about every other appearance - animated or live-action - of Marvel characters through the decades?

So now we're counting Spiderverse as cannon MCU? What about every other appearance - animated or live-action - of Marvel characters through the decades?
It’s a Marvel film. They are a “canon” for Marvel and all part of the same multiverse.

The regular comic Marvel Universe is Earth-616. Spider-Verse is Earth-1610. The MCU is Earth-199999. The X-Men films are on Earth-10005. The 2002 Spider-man is from Earth-96283

ccs

41st lv DM
And, why didn't Hulk come out in Avengers: Infinity War? There's no answer in the movie; no resolution. It's just a dropped plot point. You can speculate or guess, but the fact is they just didn't answer the question.

Well, in the movie I saw I clearly heard Bruce explain to the group how the IW loss was worse for him. He lost not once, but twice!

So I don't have to speculate or guess. Hulk was afraid. IW showed me the hulk getting his ass kicked & his later refusal to emerge. In EG Banner told it to me. What more do I need? Joe Russo sitting in the seat beside me personally explaining it?

MarkB

Legend
Which is why I also had him giving up the hammer.
For someone so concerned about Thor's character growth, I'm surprised you completely missed the point of his character growth in Thor Ragnarok. He already lost his hammer, then came to understand that he no longer needed it.

He's not Thor, God of Hammers. He doesn't need a prop in order to channel his power anymore. If he gave up Mjolnir he'd still be an all-powerful thunder god, capable of facing any world-threatening calamity.

For someone so concerned about Thor's character growth, I'm surprised you completely missed the point of his character growth in Thor Ragnarok. He already lost his hammer, then came to understand that he no longer needed it.

He's not Thor, God of Hammers. He doesn't need a prop in order to channel his power anymore. If he gave up Mjolnir he'd still be an all-powerful thunder god, capable of facing any world-threatening calamity.
And then he got another hammer. Which was also BS.
Because they have no idea what to do with Thor...

ccs

41st lv DM
It’s a Marvel film. They are a “canon” for Marvel and all part of the same multiverse.

The regular comic Marvel Universe is Earth-616. Spider-Verse is Earth-1610. The MCU is Earth-199999. The X-Men films are on Earth-10005. The 2002 Spider-man is from Earth-96283

Do you also count:
The Captain America serial (from the 40s)
The '67 Spiderman cartoon
Spiderman & his Amazing friends from the '80s
The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, & Spiderman live actions from the 70s/80s.
The 90s Captain America movie.
The assorted Marvel animated series from the 90's+ (XM, Spidy, FF etc)
David Hasslehoffs Nick Fury, Dolph Lungrens Punisher, Gen X
The Blade series.
Ben Afflecks Daredevil
2 more Punisher movies
Nick Cage's Ghost Rider movies
Ang Lee's Hulk
The Sony Fantastic Four movies (FF, FF:RotSS & that reboot)
Venom
Legion
Whatever I might've missed....
The Netflix series (yes, I know these + SHIELD & Agent Carter are in the MCUverse - but if you can accept that none of these guys (especially the SHIELD crew) would get involved in Avengers stuff then you shouldn't be worried about not featuring Thor in a future event)

*I'll be nice & leave Roger Corman's FF and 3 Dev Adam off this list as one wasn't intended to be released & the other wasn't an authorized use of Cap & Spidy.

Fine. :):):):) it. I’m wrong not to like what they did with Thor.
Let’s all laugh at fat people. Ha ha, you’re all lazy, clumsy fat chumps. Gamers are useless cowards. It’s cool that they made a favorite character of mine a walking joke.

Whatever.

Do you also count:
The Captain America serial (from the 40s)
The '67 Spiderman cartoon
Spiderman & his Amazing friends from the '80s
The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, & Spiderman live actions from the 70s/80s.
The 90s Captain America movie.
The assorted Marvel animated series from the 90's+ (XM, Spidy, FF etc)
David Hasslehoffs Nick Fury, Dolph Lungrens Punisher, Gen X
The Blade series.
Ben Afflecks Daredevil
2 more Punisher movies
Nick Cage's Ghost Rider movies
Ang Lee's Hulk
The Sony Fantastic Four movies (FF, FF:RotSS & that reboot)
Venom
Legion
Whatever I might've missed....
The Netflix series (yes, I know these + SHIELD & Agent Carter are in the MCUverse - but if you can accept that none of these guys (especially the SHIELD crew) would get involved in Avengers stuff then you shouldn't be worried about not featuring Thor in a future event)

*I'll be nice & leave Roger Corman's FF and 3 Dev Adam off this list as one wasn't intended to be released & the other wasn't an authorized use of Cap & Spidy.
They all have Earths.
https://fanlore.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Universes

MarkB

Legend

Yeah, that I'll grant you is a failing of the Avengers movies - they feel free to ignore any elements of the standalone movies that take the cast away from their standard depictions. Most jarring in Age of Ultron where they essentially ignore the whole "I gave up all my suits" bit in Iron Man 3 in favour of Tony building an entire army of robot suits in addition to building more suits for himself.

ccs

41st lv DM

Would you prefer that he accidently summoned his Ultimates style hammer or Bill's Stormbreaker? Vs having a giant Tyrion make it?
Or maybe you'd prefer his dumb looking axe from recent years of the comics?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases