Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

If you read this thread, you forfeit any right to complain about being spoiled.

I knew that RDJ was going to go,but I didn't expect him to die and it was cool to see Cap pass the torch onto Sam, and all the little call backs to previous movies, and the confirmation that Cap is indeed worthy to hold Mjolnir. The last fight with everyone joining in was awesome and the all female grouping got a big cheer at my showing. When Clint and Nat going after the soul stone, I wasn't surprised it came down to a fight between them over who got to jump.

ccs

41st lv DM
1st, although there are some examples that are done better than most, let me say that I really really really dislike time travel. Even the better done examples. In comics, in movies, etc.

With that said? End Game is about as good as it could be given its horrible central plot device.
Hopefully now that they've ticked this particular box the MCU has gotten this out of its system....

My favorite part? Watching two of my favorite characters wield the hammer.

My least favorite part was old man Steve passing the shield.
Not because I have anything against Sam, but because:
1) I dislike turning one existing character into another. I didn't like that move in the comics & I like it no better here. But at least Bucky didn't get it. That's some consolation. And I hope to God that future movies don't give Sam both the shield + wings (and any version of that awful looking suit he wore in the comics).
2) I think it would've been a better ending to leave the Avengers in the dark as to what happened to Steve.
And then, after the credits, close it out with the scene of Steve & Peggy dancing back in the past.

All in all? I was well entertained.

GreyLord

Legend
If you read this thread, you forfeit any right to complain about being spoiled.

I knew that RDJ was going to go,but I didn't expect him to die and it was cool to see Cap pass the torch onto Sam, and all the little call backs to previous movies, and the confirmation that Cap is indeed worthy to hold Mjolnir. The last fight with everyone joining in was awesome and the all female grouping got a big cheer at my showing. When Clint and Nat going after the soul stone, I wasn't surprised it came down to a fight between them over who got to jump.

I thought that it should have been the other. Yes, the one that didn't jump had those to go to if they were successful, but I'd still think the other should have been sacrificed instead of who was.
On a side note, it is interesting how many waited to try to see if there was an end credits scene. Marvel has trained them well.

I'll try to hide the next part, sorry if you are on the black screen instead of white.

PS: There were no scenes in the credits or afterwards that I could see, just the sound if the hammer...

(and any version of that awful looking suit he wore in the comics).

Anthony Mackie wanted to wear the red and white outfit when he took the part of falcon lol

I'll try to hide the next part, sorry if you are on the black screen instead of white.

PS: There were no scenes in the credits or afterwards that I could see, just the sound if the hammer...
Well this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide anything

GreyLord

Legend
Anthony Mackie wanted to wear the red and white outfit when he took the part of falcon lol

Well this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide anything

I'm not wanting to go too far into the spoilers yet (I've held out for a little while at least already) until at least Friday and Saturday, or others spoil it first. Not wanting to be the one who really spoils it for someone who think they want to find things out, but didn't really want to know.

The thing I put down though, was something I think was interesting.

Most of those I saw stayed in their seats waiting for a scene that never came. I was caught in the middle so I couldn't get out without disturbing all of them. The even crazier thing...I managed to not have to go to the restroom until after the entire movie ended. For those as old as me, you know how hard that can be...and this is a long movie.

MarkB

Legend
It was a good "passing the torch" movie, and I'm glad that they brought these storylines to a conclusion, and that they didn't go for a consequence-free time travel reset that made the events of the previous movie not happen.

That said, I still don't see how the final sequence with past-Thanos being wiped out doesn't violate their own self imposed time travel rules.

ccs

41st lv DM
On a side note, it is interesting how many waited to try to see if there was an end credits scene. Marvel has trained them well.

I don't watch the credits for the end scenes. I never have. They're just nice modern extras.

For movies I've enjoyed I watch the credits because:
A great many virtually anonymous people worked really hard to entertain me for 2-3 hours. The least I can do, even though I'll never remember them/manage to read them all, is to read a few of their names as they scroll by.

In general:
When I see a movie opening weekend, or at popular times, there's so many people all trying to leave the theatre/parking lot/use the restrooms all at once that it's pointless for me to get up out of my seat. By the time the credits are finished the crowds dispersed. :)

I really liked how the trailers basically spoil absolutely nothing of importance, and about 10 minutes you have no idea how the movie will go, and I don't think anyone predicted this. I guess that is subverting expectations in the good way.

It was a good "passing the torch" movie, and I'm glad that they brought these storylines to a conclusion, and that they didn't go for a consequence-free time travel reset that made the events of the previous movie not happen.

That said, I still don't see how the final sequence with past-Thanos being wiped out doesn't violate their own self imposed time travel rules.

Up to Old Steve Rogers on the bench, it made perfect sense to me.
You can't change the past. It's set. When you travel in the past,you are really traveling to a parallel universe.
You can do there whatever you want, including stealing stuff, and use it for your own purposes, it has no effect on the timeline you come from. Of course, you might screw over that universe if you steal something important, like the Infinity Stones, but you can also help them a great deal if you remove something dangerous, like, say a guy hell-bent on wiping out half the universe. So basically, their actions saved actually two universes (or the population worth one complete universe), because they undid the snap in their own timeline, and removed Thanos from the other.

But I can't quite reconcile how that works for Old Steve Rogers. I mean it's possible there has always been a Steve Rogers that came back at some point to reunite with Agent Carter (clearly after the events of the series), and that's our old Steve Rogers now. But that suggests that travel into the past doesn't always end up with an alternate timeline. But how would the time travel mechanism "know" which option to pick?

I really liked how the trailers basically spoil absolutely nothing of importance, and about 10 minutes you have no idea how the movie will go, and I don't think anyone predicted this. I guess that is subverting expectations in the good way.

The Russos admitted that some of what was in the trailers was fake, and you can noticed that in certain scenes like when every one comes to watch Captain Marvel brings Tony home Peper was edited out for the trailer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases