WOIN O.L.D. Magic Target Area

defocused

Villager
Completely new to WOIN and enjoying what I'm reading in the Elements of Magic section, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around something. On page 166 under Target/Area it says that for a cone the value (diameter) is halved.

Do I understand correctly that for the same number of MP you go from a full circle to a quarter circle, or did I miss a more precise description somewhere? Like, for 4 MP the cone is 50' long and spreads out to 25' wide at the base.

My apologies if this is answered elsewhere I just haven't seen it. From trying to search the forum it seems I'm the only one with this issue.

Nutation

Explorer
Do I understand correctly that for the same number of MP you go from a full circle to a quarter circle, or did I miss a more precise description somewhere? Like, for 4 MP the cone is 50' long and spreads out to 25' wide at the base.

That's about a 30-degree cone. It would be helpful if the rules mentioned the spread angle.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A cone is 1 square, 3 squares, 5 squares, 7 squares.... there’s a diagram in there somewhere but I’m on my phone and don’t have the book handy.

Remove ads