Season 9 Adventure changes

pogre

Legend
How nice. I DM locally over 95% and only have 10 PCS. 1 tier 3, 3 tier 2 and the rest tier 1. I am also the only local dm running Season 8 modules; the rest fled after 08-04. Only 1 of my pcs ran only in a specific season. The rest are blend of various seasons and con created content.
So locking a pc into a season and not getting unlocks and story awards for out season will hurt my pcs. Hey Pogre is running season 5 at the con. The answer would be no ccc's. and the current season.
One of advantages of AL is I can season hop with out it being a pain. Hey jasper,Bill is running Black road DDAL05-02 for 2 new people and we need a third; bring out a tier 1 pc to help.

What I am thinking with what I can find currently is. Allow your new to season lock, if you just play that season, then at the end of the season you get free magic items and boons. If you don't season lock you still get the unlocks and story awards but are free to farm other adventures.

Sorry if I came off as trivializing the changes impacts on player characters. That certainly was not my intent. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the season 8 changes and the season 9 changes do seem unnecessary.

jasper

Rotten DM
Sorry if I came off as trivializing the changes impacts on player characters. That certainly was not my intent. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the season 8 changes and the season 9 changes do seem unnecessary.
jasper the jerk dm forgives you. You may kiss skully if we met at con.

CapnZapp

Legend
The Dragon+ article was unclear about this, but Merric's explanation that was linked earlier explains that you choose which season your character belongs to when you make them (and i'm assuming retroactively for existing characters?)

So you can still make a character next year, put them in Season 4, and then play through the Curse of Strahd content, not problem.
He actually doesn't say he's sure that's the case.

Undrhil

Explorer
So does this mean most stores won't run older season content anymore and will only run current season or CCC adventures?

I don't think stores really have any incentive to run any specific content, except for the hard cover adventures which they are trying to sell... especially since the store still has to purchase the mods from DMsGuild.

FarBeyondC

Explorer
So does this mean most stores won't run older season content anymore and will only run current season or CCC adventures?

I feel like people are going to stick with the seasons that they like the best (which is going to be an uphill battle for seasons 9+ until all of their content is released at least), and use CCC adventures to fill in the gaps.

Or, as I do, run only CCC adventures and ignore season content entirely.

I

Immortal Sun

So people can't game the system to get things they really oughtn't to have?

What's the problem here?

I

Immortal Sun

This literally does nothing to stop people from gaming the system in any meaningful sense.

In simplest terms, the rules changes don't actually achieve what they've been stated to exist for, which given the hassle to properly implement them is inexcusable.

Er, maybe I'm missing something. But it seems to be designed to prevent "season hopping". Now your character is tied to a specific season and can't get rewards from other seasons.

How do the rules...not prevent that?

CapnZapp

Legend
Er, maybe I'm missing something. But it seems to be designed to prevent "season hopping". Now your character is tied to a specific season and can't get rewards from other seasons.

How do the rules...not prevent that?
I think he means that players will still be able to game the system.

That you mightn't game it in this special way doesn't outweigh the disadvantages.

But that's just a guess.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases