ZEITGEIST Adventure 12 Question [Spoilers, natch]

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Okay, so we DMs know how the PCs are getting back from the Gyre, but how do they think they are doing it? I don’t think my players will be happy about going if the trip is theoretically one way.

Zipster

Explorer
Okay, so we DMs know how the PCs are getting back from the Gyre, but how do they think they are doing it? I don’t think my players will be happy about going if the trip is theoretically one way.
I think, at this point in the game, the PCs are generally on a level of resourcefulness that they should be thinking that they can find a way; that something will present itself.

If it's played up as necessary to save reality, or to stop Nicodemus then the PCs will have little reason not to go. At this point, hero has an implication of sacrifice I think.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I think, at this point in the game, the PCs are generally on a level of resourcefulness that they should be thinking that they can find a way; that something will present itself.

If it's played up as necessary to save reality, or to stop Nicodemus then the PCs will have little reason not to go. At this point, hero has an implication of sacrifice I think.

Something like this, then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5YW4qKOAVM

arkwright

Explorer
"Harkover is trying to test a planar travel spell to reach the Gyre, but
so far he has been unsuccessful. Divinations have suggested that a path
will be revealed to them soon, though."

I'd call it just an extension of that, really. "Signs point to you finding a way back."

hirou

Explorer
IIRC there are very limited ways of teleporting into uknown location, but plenty of ways to teleport to a known magic circle. As Lanjyr is (presumably) no longer cut from the multiverse, there should be no problems in casting a reverse portal spell and just popping back to Flint... right, guys? Guys?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases