GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 3

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.

Isn’t talking in riddles The Red Womens whole shtick though? (Okay that and lighting fires and birthing night terrors) but yeah I’ve come to expect riddles and misdirects as standard faire for the show

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
She did prove fairly useless, ultimately. I guess lighting the barricade was briefly helpful.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.

I think this has to be chalked up to the medium through which it was presented. I think if we were to have the same arc as in the books, it would be spelled out rather than the show runners trying to get gasps of surprise from the audience.

But otherwise yeah. I would have flat out told her. I have been burned by too many DnD players missing my no so subtle clues, to leave something important like that up to chance and believe that she would understand my meaning.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Earlier this week on reddit they linked to a news article by the cinematographer defending the lighting choices with basically "I know the episode wasn't too dark because I shot it" (the Business Insider site they link to is loaded with pop-up nonsense).

Well, now someone there mapped out the avarage colour of each frame for the episode. Spoilers, it's pretty damn dark. :p

variant

Adventurer
[video=youtube;EA5mJRFaI8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c[/video]
[video=youtube;jY2jAnV5Fa4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2jAnV5Fa4[/video]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases