GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 3 - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    I was thinking today. Where did the Night King's white walker buddies come from? We see him leaving Jon to be overrun, as he closes in on the gates to Winterfell.....all by himself. He goes inside. None of his buddies are seen in any of the battle scenes inside Winterfell, yet when he comes up to Bran he has his full posse with him.
    Theres a quick scene of the white walkers approaching the gate. They must meet up with the Night King en route to the Godswood.
    XP Maxperson gave XP for this post

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerWickett View Post
    The Night King had this mystery behind him: "What's his deal? What motivates him? What will he do if he wins?"

I assumed they'd reveal something that would surprise us.

But apparently he was just an evil ice robot, with no depth and no point.
    The novels are the "Song of Fire and Ice"... But the TV show is "Game of Thrones". Maybe that is something the two diverge deliberately, in the novels, the fight agaist the Night King might be the final battle.

But maybe not. I don't remember anything from the novels about the Night King, and should we not have learned much more by now about him?
    I think he might just remain a more or less abstract enemy and the real things are always the human characters - characters that we can actually relate to.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Huh. Lots of people have brown, green, or blue eyes. My eyes are blue. Maybe she meant me?
    Maybe it happened so that all the people Arya killed so far didn't have blue eyes? Seems questionable, but I won't sift through the episodes to figure it out

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    Theres a quick scene of the white walkers approaching the gate. They must meet up with the Night King en route to the Godswood.
    Hmm. I missed that in the blackness that was this episode.
    Laugh pukunui laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    But maybe not. I don't remember anything from the novels about the Night King, and should we not have learned much more by now about him?
    His theme song is Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. It is known.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Maybe it happened so that all the people Arya killed so far didn't have blue eyes? Seems questionable, but I won't sift through the episodes to figure it out
    There were other people with blue eyes she has killed. The trigger for the eureka moment in the last episode is actually a changing in the order the Red witch lists the colors.

Here we see her list blue eyes last, and with some significant looks added for effect. So it isn't a huge leap that a horde of blue-eyed zombies' leader, with the same eye color, is targeted.

I don't remember anything from the novels about the Night King, and should we not have learned much more by now about him?
    Theres an historical figure called the Nights King in the books, but no king of the white walkers has been introduced yet. In terms of the shows Night King, I think well have to wait for one of the spin-off series (apparently there are four in the works?!) to elaborate on his backstory / motivations.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    There were other people with blue eyes she has killed. The trigger for the eureka moment in the last episode is actually a changing in the order the Red witch lists the colors.

Here we see her list blue eyes last, and with some significant looks added for effect. So it isn't a huge leap that a horde of blue-eyed zombies' leader, with the same eye color, is targeted.
    She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
    Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaculata View Post
    She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
    Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.
    Maybe for the same reason that their plan was to charge light cavalry into the middle of an enemy in the middle of the night with weapons that couldn't hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    Maybe for the same reason that their plan was to charge light cavalry into the middle of an enemy in the middle of the night with weapons that couldn't hurt them.
    The officers got trained via a book in the British Officer School of Cavalry Charges: Crimean War Edition with a preface by George Custer.
    Last edited by Zardnaar; Thursday, 2nd May, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Laugh pukunui, Maxperson, Olgar Shiverstone laughed with this post