GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 3

pukunui

Legend
I was thinking today. Where did the Night King's white walker buddies come from? We see him leaving Jon to be overrun, as he closes in on the gates to Winterfell.....all by himself. He goes inside. None of his buddies are seen in any of the battle scenes inside Winterfell, yet when he comes up to Bran he has his full posse with him.
There’s a quick scene of the white walkers approaching the gate. They must meet up with the Night King en route to the Godswood.

The Night King had this mystery behind him: "What's his deal? What motivates him? What will he do if he wins?"

I assumed they'd reveal something that would surprise us.

But apparently he was just an evil ice robot, with no depth and no point.

The novels are the "Song of Fire and Ice"... But the TV show is "Game of Thrones". Maybe that is something the two diverge deliberately, in the novels, the fight agaist the Night King might be the final battle.

But maybe not. I don't remember anything from the novels about the Night King, and should we not have learned much more by now about him?
I think he might just remain a more or less abstract enemy and the real things are always the human characters - characters that we can actually relate to.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Maybe it happened so that all the people Arya killed so far didn't have blue eyes? Seems questionable, but I won't sift through the episodes to figure it out ;)

There were other people with blue eyes she has killed. The trigger for the eureka moment in the last episode is actually a changing in the order the Red witch lists the colors.

Here we see her list blue eyes last, and with some significant looks added for effect. So it isn't a huge leap that a horde of blue-eyed zombies' leader, with the same eye color, is targeted.

pukunui

Legend
I don't remember anything from the novels about the Night King, and should we not have learned much more by now about him?
There’s an historical figure called the Night’s King in the books, but no king of the white walkers has been introduced yet. In terms of the show’s Night King, I think we’ll have to wait for one of the spin-off series (apparently there are four in the works?!) to elaborate on his backstory / motivations.

There were other people with blue eyes she has killed. The trigger for the eureka moment in the last episode is actually a changing in the order the Red witch lists the colors.

Here we see her list blue eyes last, and with some significant looks added for effect. So it isn't a huge leap that a horde of blue-eyed zombies' leader, with the same eye color, is targeted.

She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
She could have just straight up told her that she is going to kill the Night King. Why bother talking in mysteries at this point?
Okay, I get that they're keeping it a surprise for us as an audience. But in the context of the story, it makes little sense to be so vague about it.

Maybe for the same reason that their plan was to charge light cavalry into the middle of an enemy in the middle of the night with weapons that couldn't hurt them. :p

Zardnaar

Legend
Maybe for the same reason that their plan was to charge light cavalry into the middle of an enemy in the middle of the night with weapons that couldn't hurt them. :p

The officers got trained via a book in the British Officer School of Cavalry Charges: Crimean War Edition with a preface by George Custer.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases