Paizo To Make Kingmaker Bestiary... For D&D 5E!
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Paizo To Make Kingmaker Bestiary... For D&D 5E!

Kingmaker's 10th anniversary is approaching. Paizo has announced on their blog that, along with a Pathfinder 2E hardcover Kingmaker compilation, they will be creating a hardcover Kingmaker Bestiary for D&D 5E.

Name:  20190502-Kingmaker_500.jpg
Views: 28176
Size:  73.1 KB

The blog announcement says "Finally, we'll add a hardcover Kingmaker Bestiary for 5E, developed in conjunction with industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing, allowing players of the current edition of the world's oldest RPG the chance to experience the rich and detailed storylines that have made the Kingmaker Adventure Path a fan favorite for a decade."

It is being produced "with industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing" and refers to "add-ons and unlocks" which "will be revealed as the campaign progresses". They're partnering with crowdfunding site Game On Tabletop.

They'll be revealing the details on Tuesday May 7th at noon Pacific time over at KingmakerCampaign.com.

Also in line is a Companion Guide for the PF2 Kingmaker campaign.
    XP robus, Parmandur, Fanaelialae, mrrockitt, BookBarbarian gave XP for this post

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

A Kingmaker hardcover compilation, I saw that coming. In PF 2E, I saw that coming. But a 5E add on and using crowdfunding, that's a bolt from the blue!

Defender (Lvl 8)

Cool, Ill have to check it out!

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

How many new monsters were in Kingmaker? Or are there a lot of Pathfinder critters in it that aren't already in 5E?

Even if this is just, effectively, a bunch of 5E stats to make the Kingmaker 2E work with 5E, this sounds pretty good. If it's a substantial collection of Paizo beasties for 5E, that's even better.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

The door has cracked open...
    XP Azzy, robus, schneeland gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Malovech View Post
    The door has cracked open...
    It was just a matter of time. 5e is now the 800lb gorilla in the RPG room.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by mach1.9pants View Post
    A Kingmaker hardcover compilation, I saw that coming. In PF 2E, I saw that coming. But a 5E add on and using crowdfunding, that's a bolt from the blue!
    Im pretty sure Morrus agrees. Hes been dismissing my Paizo 5e pivot proposals for a while now

Defender (Lvl 8)

Kingmaker is ... ten years old? Excuse me while I go off and wonder where the last decade has gone.
    XP Olaf the Stout gave XP for this post
    Laugh Azzy, Satyrn, Maxperson, flametitan laughed with this post

I would love a Pathfinder bestiary with all true dragons (I means all dragons with category ages: imperial, outer, planar, primal..), to be translated to Spanish language like a selection. Devir doesn't want to translate more bestiaries.

This looks promising. A Paizo 5e book would be great. I never got to play Kingmaker, though I tried to run it once. I wonder if this will just contain the creatures from the Kingmaker modules bestiaries, or if it will contain more.