Paizo To Make Kingmaker Bestiary... For D&D 5E! - Page 25
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Do you think that PF core rules will be published for 5e soon; does this mean that everything will be 5e?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfly View Post
    We're both wrong: it's actually 12. (You left out Paladin). Sorry I missed the number so badly - I shouldn't post right before I go to sleep.
    Now I feel silly that I left out Paladin, especially since I am playing one in a game... Guess I should wake up a bit more before I post
    XP Nightfly gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by chibi graz'zt View Post
    Do you think that PF core rules will be published for 5e soon; does this mean that everything will be 5e?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that? PF and 5e are pretty fundamentally incompatible?

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by robus View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by that? PF and 5e are pretty fundamentally incompatible?
    Sorry, what I meant was, isn't PF D&D 3.5+? So if they are now publishing for 5e will they be adopting the more streamlined 5e rules like they did back in the OGL days? Plus wasn't Paizo essentially a licensed WotC publisher back in the day? Seems natural Paizo would want to cross over to the vast popularity of 5e.

Hydra (Lvl 25)

And the thread begins anew...
    Laugh robus, Mercador, MNblockhead laughed with this post

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Paizo To Make Kingmaker Bestiary... For D&D 5E!

How would you distinguish between PF core rules using 5E rules and 5E core rules? The only difference between them is the rules. Theyd just be publishing 5E. And then why would people buy 5E from Paizo rather than WotC?
    XP robus gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Sorry, what I meant was, isn't PF D&D 3.5+? So if they are now publishing for 5e will they be adopting the more streamlined 5e rules like they did back in the OGL days? Plus wasn't Paizo essentially a licensed WotC publisher back in the day? Seems natural Paizo would want to cross over to the vast popularity of 5e.
    As the Capn notes, this has been thoroughly debated throughout this thread. Take a tour through the earlier posts.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by robus View Post
    As the Capn notes, this has been thoroughly debated throughout this thread. Take a tour through the earlier posts.
    No time unfortunately, what's a summary of the consensus?

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

No consensus as there are good arguments on both sides. Paizo is caught on the horns of a dilemma. Shift to 5e compatible products and potentially reap larger profits (from the larger market) at the risk of pissing off its PF fanbase. Or stay the course and hope that enough of the base shifts over to PF 2 (and buys a whole bunch of stuff in the process).

I'm actually a fan of a combo approach. Publish new adventures and content for PF 2. Refurbish the best PF 1 APs and bestiaries for 5e. But that has the potential of pissing off everyone
    XP SkidAce, pogre, scottieboy86, MNblockhead, Mercador and 1 others gave XP for this post

Hydra (Lvl 25)

No, Paizo is not publishing PF as 5e.

It's possible we might see Paizo publish adventure conversions for 5e. It's possible we might see Paizo publish expansion book conversions for 5e. Who knows.