5E The Pilosus, a player race with 6 Genders for your 5th edition Sci Fi setting
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96
  1. #1
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    dwayne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bartilsville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    411

    The Pilosus, a player race with 6 Genders for your 5th edition Sci Fi setting

    I have just uploaded The Pilosus, a player race with 6 Genders for your 5th edition Sci Fi setting to the downloads area.

    The Pilosus are a very gregarious people who have a very complex society and sexual habits. They can fill all most any role in life but are some of the best diplomats in the galaxy. There is no way to tell one from another as physically as they appearance is universal. Only then going through the Taulpa nichta (loose translation “Sex Dance”) can you really see the difference in the different sexes of their race.

    I have many more i have been working on a little at a time

    You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

  2. #2
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,590
    I'm interested in checking this out, but there doesn't seem to be a document at the link?

  3. #3
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    dwayne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bartilsville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    411
    sorry forgot to check the box for the file

  4. #4
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    3,962
    You need to run that through spelling and grammar checkers. And what is the role-playing point of all those sexes?
    Laugh dwayne laughed with this post

  5. #5
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    dwayne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bartilsville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    You need to run that through spelling and grammar checkers. And what is the role-playing point of all those sexes?
    Quartz, it is obvious you don't have anything better to do than piss on others works, i would be grateful if you just move on and not respond to any of my posts as your replays are not helpful. And as to the sexes, it is an alien race and part of their reproductive system for that race, and up to the players to decide what they want to role play and in what way its not me as a DM to dictate it to them.
    Last edited by dwayne; Monday, 6th May, 2019 at 06:24 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
    The Pilosus are a very gregarious people who have a very complex society and sexual habits. They can fill all most any role in life but are some of the best diplomats in the galaxy. There is no way to tell one from another as physically as they appearance is universal. Only then going through the Taulpa nichta (loose translation “Sex Dance”) can you really see the difference in the different sexes of their race.
    My, how woke of you.
    XP Rhianni32, kyuss gave XP for this post

  7. #7
    Member
    A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)



    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Stately Pleasure Dome of Xanadu.
    Posts
    7,269
    So-

    Thank you for writing something and sharing it. That's always a good thing!


    That said, you should proofread it again before finalizing. The first two pages have a fair number of typos, errors, and odd sentence structures that took me out of reading it, and made it more difficult to parse (many of which won't be caught by a spellchecked- in the second sentence, for example, "all most" should be "almost", and the first sentences uses "very" twice).

    In terms of balance, the combination of +2 dex and advantage on dex checks ... that's ... good. Really good. In addition, I am not sure about the fluff (best diplomats) with the underwhelming mechanicals (+1 charisma, no mechanical benefit, and translator boxes do not convey their intentions correctly!!!!).

    I hope this helps!

  8. #8
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    dwayne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bartilsville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkey13 View Post
    So-

    Thank you for writing something and sharing it. That's always a good thing!


    That said, you should proofread it again before finalizing. The first two pages have a fair number of typos, errors, and odd sentence structures that took me out of reading it, and made it more difficult to parse (many of which won't be caught by a spellchecked- in the second sentence, for example, "all most" should be "almost", and the first sentences uses "very" twice).

    In terms of balance, the combination of +2 dex and advantage on dex checks ... that's ... good. Really good. In addition, I am not sure about the fluff (best diplomats) with the underwhelming mechanicals (+1 charisma, no mechanical benefit, and translator boxes do not convey their intentions correctly!!!!).

    I hope this helps!
    Thanks man, this is a first draft as i told another i posted to get feed back as to the mechanics not grammar or spelling as i intend to give it another pass or two before a final one is posted with all the other 60 or more player alien races in it. But i see what you mean about the diplomatic part as this like most the others i skip around and work on them a little at a time so may have change my idea for them after writing the history and such so think will look into having the stats reflect this.

  9. #9
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    dwayne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bartilsville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Graves View Post
    My, how woke of you.
    Yeah well theirs are real and a fact of biology.

  10. #10
    Mod Squad
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

    Umbran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    34,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Graves View Post
    My, how woke of you.

    It is not clear what you mean by that.

    If you are being snarky, do not continue in that direction, please and thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Genders - What's the difference?
    By Jon_Dahl in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 377
    Last Post: Saturday, 21st May, 2011, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •