Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 "The Last of the Starks" - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. #41
    Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

    Morrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Intrawebs
    Posts
    40,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    *Dany is becoming more villainous--they've made her less likeable for a couple seasons now, preparing us for her death.
    She's always come across like that to me. She does not like it when people disagree with her, and is very happy to coldly mete out extreme punishments and executions.

  2. #42
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,860
    I thought it was Yuri from Red Alert.

  3. #43
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    She's always come across like that to me. She does not like it when people disagree with her, and is very happy to coldly mete out extreme punishments and executions.
    That has been a change over time. Initially she was fairly kind, burning the witch only after she murdered her unborn child and turning Drago into a vegetable. Then she tried to avoid just killing the Masters as examples like her advisers suggested, even though they were behind the deaths of many of her people and more coming each day. Later she started punishing people who stood against her with more and more easy. This leap from punishing enemies into it's okay to murder 10,000 innocents in order to get what I want, is a rather large and sudden jump, though.

  4. #44
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Land of Cheese
    Posts
    804
    While I agree with Morus that there has always be a cold ruthlessness to Danny, we are just seeing it expressed more often. They are certainly setting her up to become more villainous or to lose her $**! and have to be dealt with.

    I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time. I don't really blame him for not knowing about that Iron fleet ambush. I do blame the army in general for having not scouted at all and wonder how Danny didn't see a fleet of ships on such a nice clear day.

  5. #45
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    MarkB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time. I don't really blame him for not knowing about that Iron fleet ambush. I do blame the army in general for having not scouted at all and wonder how Danny didn't see a fleet of ships on such a nice clear day.
    They were tucked round the side of the island. Which is no excuse - Dany's forces should have sent at least a fast ship or two to scout the place for occupying forces before the entire fleet dropped anchor.

  6. #46
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Land of Cheese
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    They were tucked round the side of the island. Which is no excuse - Dany's forces should have sent at least a fast ship or two to scout the place for occupying forces before the entire fleet dropped anchor.
    I recall the rock jutting up, and yeah, that is hardly an excuse.

    What is more, Danny then does a straight dive into these boats instead of winging around that rock to their rears and burning them out. What, are they going to aim through their own sails and rigging? They certainly aren't going to turn all of those ships around before that dragon could fly around behind them.

    Sigh...
    XP Imaculata gave XP for this post

  7. #47
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    pukunui's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time.
    But remember that Melisandre told him they would both die in Westeros.

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    What is more, Danny then does a straight dive into these boats instead of winging around that rock to their rears and burning them out. What, are they going to aim through their own sails and rigging? They certainly aren't going to turn all of those ships around before that dragon could fly around behind them.
    She'd just witnessed Rhaegal die. I don't think she'd have been in the right frame of mind to think that tactically.

  8. #48
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    But remember that Melisandre told him they would both die in Westeros.
    Yep. I feel like after the exchange between Tyrion and Varys, that Tyrion may be the one to kill Varys. Varys will likely try to kill Daenerys and Tyrion definitely wants to keep her alive.
    XP pukunui gave XP for this post

  9. #49
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Land of Cheese
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    But remember that Melisandre told him they would both die in Westeros.

    She'd just witnessed Rhaegal die. I don't think she'd have been in the right frame of mind to think that tactically.
    That is an age old trope is all. Hero or villain too emotional to think clearly. That's not necessarily how humans work. Your body pumping you full of chemicals in a fight or flight situation doesn't make you an idiot.
    Last edited by Istbor; Thursday, 9th May, 2019 at 05:33 PM.
    XP TarionzCousin gave XP for this post

  10. #50
    Member
    A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)



    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Stately Pleasure Dome of Xanadu.
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    That is an age old trope is all. Hero or villain too emotional to think clearly. That not necessarily how humans work. Your body pumping you full of chemicals in a fight or flight situation doesn't make you an idiot.
    So true.

    I mean, I don't need a fight-or-flight situation to be an idiot; it comes all natural-like.
    Laugh MarkB, pukunui laughed with this post

Similar Threads

  1. GAME OF THRONES #7 :-The Dragon and the Wolf--Season 7 EPISODE #67/Season Finale
    By Truth Seeker in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Saturday, 2nd September, 2017, 01:15 PM
  2. GAME OF THRONES #6 :-BEYOND THE WALL--Season 7 EPISODE #66
    By Truth Seeker in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Wednesday, 30th August, 2017, 12:52 AM
  3. GAME OF THRONES #2 :Stormborn---Season 7 EPISODE #62
    By Truth Seeker in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Tuesday, 25th July, 2017, 12:56 PM
  4. Game of Thrones: Season 4 - Episode 8
    By Homicidal_Squirrel in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Monday, 26th May, 2014, 04:50 AM
  5. Game of Thrones Season 3 Finale "Mhysa" (Warning for leaked spoilers!)
    By jonesy in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Friday, 21st June, 2013, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •