A Look Inside Ghosts of Saltmarsh: Contents, Saltmarsh Map, & More

NewbieDM over on Twitter has a copy of Ghosts of Saltmarsh and has shared some initial glimpses inside! The book releases on May 21st.

gos1.jpg

"First, the setting...The village of Saltmarsh is unequivocally set in Greyhawk. It says so in the book. This is not set in the Forgotten Realms, nor in some ambiguous generic world. This is Greyhawk.

So remember how in UK1, Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, the village itself was largely left for DMs to populate and create? Not now. Saltmarsh is a living breathing place with 3 factions vying for power: Traditionalists, Loyalists (to the Kingdom of Keoland), Scarlet Brotherhood.

Saltmarsh is fully fleshed out, as is the nearby region, and the political happenings are presented as a way to ground the PCs as they embark on a Saltmarsh based campaign."

gos2.jpg

I thought this book was comparable to Tales of the Yawning Portal... and it is, but it takes its usefulness a step further. It actually helps you craft a campaign with the included adventures, using Saltmarsh’s factions as the drivers.

goh3.jpg

goh4.jpg

goh5.jpg

There's a LOT more images and commentary over at the Twitter link. Also don't miss my summary
of all the adventures found within, which I posted a couple of days ago, or our extensive podcast coverage of all those adventures.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's interesting the order they've done the adventures -- the original Saltmarsh trilogy opens it, as expected, but Salvage Operation and Isle of the Abbey are inserted before The Final Enemy. Finishes on The Styes, as you'd expect. I wonder how much meta plot if any will be threaded through all this?

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Whelp, time to fire up my Pirates of the Caribbean and Master and Commander OSTs.
L7chTD4s.jpg
A pirate's life for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Guest 6801328

Ooooh....I can't wait!

I pre-ordered, but I may have to restrict my reading to the new ship rules, just in case I can persuade somebody else to DM it.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases