D&D 5E Monk/Rogue MultiClass Help

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Drunken Master Monk does a Disengage whenever they use Flurry of Blows, if you’re willing to look outside of those three.

Kensei is especially fun if the game allows guns.

Shadow has a ton of utility, and pass without trace is cool for a seal team.

4 Elements can be a lot of fun, but I recommend reducing all ki costs by 1, to a minimum of 1 ki. Makes it roughly 1/spell level, matching the cost of Shadow Monk Spells.

Also, Kensei/scout does allow you to be a sniper who can’t be pinned down, if that’s what you want. If you wanna stab without being pinned down, seriously look at Drunken Master, and remember that it doesn’t actually involve/require ACTUAL drunkenness.

Drunken Master might be interesting... maybe reflavor it to something like Art of Sea Legs or something similar! I might ask the DM to let me trade the proficiency with brewers supplies for proficiency with Carpenter's tools (for working on repairing the ship I'm assigned to.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Not long, just one session really - the campaign started at 5th level - but it's been a character living in the back of my mind a while.

It seems like doctorbadwolf's suggestion of Drunken Master might help with this where I could switch between using Drunken Technique and Skirmisher depending on what else is going on. In both cases they involve taking an attack first probably, unless the movement that brings the for near is taken after they attack someone else, but both will enable me to be a very slippery and mobile combatant.

Esker

Hero
It seems like doctorbadwolf's suggestion of Drunken Master might help with this where I could switch between using Drunken Technique and Skirmisher depending on what else is going on. In both cases they involve taking an attack first probably, unless the movement that brings the for near is taken after they attack someone else, but both will enable me to be a very slippery and mobile combatant.

You wouldn't need to take an attack first if using Drunken Technique, would you? Seems like your M.O. could be: camp out 25' or so away from the action; move in, attack, flurry of blows (increasing your speed to 50'), move back out. You could still be attacked by a single enemy if they decide to chase you down, but likely that means one of your allies making an AoO. If they chase you down anyway, you can use your Skirmisher reaction to move 20' further back, putting you out of reach of any other enemies, and setting you up to go back in and attack the now-isolated enemy on your turn.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
You wouldn't need to take an attack first if using Drunken Technique, would you? Seems like your M.O. could be: camp out 25' or so away from the action; move in, attack, flurry of blows (increasing your speed to 50'), move back out. You could still be attacked by a single enemy if they decide to chase you down, but likely that means one of your allies making an AoO. If they chase you down anyway, you can use your Skirmisher reaction to move 20' further back, putting you out of reach of any other enemies, and setting you up to go back in and attack the now-isolated enemy on your turn.

Great tactics! I keep forgetting that 5E has the Spring Attack/move before and after attacks thing for everyone without a feat.

Remove ads