GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 5

The series still suck because it was rushed, and this is why people will take no lesson from Dany's murderous rage (it is what dictators do, so stop cheering for them). But there is a lesson here. Murderous is not the solution. Stop asking and cheering for it.

If there is anything to be learned here, it is how important George RR Martin's writing was to the success of the show... without that backbone, the show stumbles towards the finish line in a hurry.

Zardnaar

Legend
If Batman actually ended the Joker the 2nd, 3rd, xth time he caught him, one might see a significant decrease in victims every time the super-villain escapes from the asylum. Not buying this 'let live' crap.

I'm pretty sure everyone was satisfied with the killing of Ramsay and Joffrey.

I liked having Jeffrey around and loved to hate him. Ramsay was just cartoon evil, and what he did to Sansa wasn't in the books and wasn't needed, didn't do anything to advance the plot etc. Joffrey and Tywin being killed was around where the show started heading down hill imho.

What made Jeffrey great was probably his age.

Sadras

Legend
I liked having Jeffrey around and loved to hate him. Ramsay was just cartoon evil, and what he did to Sansa wasn't in the books and wasn't needed, didn't do anything to advance the plot etc. Joffrey and Tywin being killed was around where the show started heading down hill imho.

What made Jeffrey great was probably his age.

You're discussing something else entirely.

Zardnaar

Legend
Maybe I liked having Joffrey around and missed him. He was a better villain than his replacements Ramsey and Euron in the secondary villain role.

Last edited:

I liked having Joffrey around and loved to hate him. Ramsay was just cartoon evil, and what he did to Sansa wasn't in the books and wasn't needed, didn't do anything to advance the plot etc. Joffrey and Tywin being killed was around where the show started heading down hill imho.

What made Joffrey great was probably his age.

Ramsay's book counter part is every bit as evil as the one on the show. But some of his acts were switched from a character not featured on the show, to one that is; Sansa.
The show indeed struggles a lot around season 5. The book on which it is based, Feast for Crows, struggles about just as much (although they also throw in some Dance with Dragons). There's a lot of aimless floundering about in Dorne with new characters that no one really cares about, and the main cast is mostly abscent. And the ironborne aren't very interesting either, though I feel the show did both a disservice.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I do not understand this line of argument which gets repeated in this and other threads.
Just because a supernatural creature exists in the story doesn't mean the rest of reality/believability within the show needs to become unhinged.

When I saw the scorpions used by Euron to slay the dragon I was reminded of video games like Spartan Total War where they are essentially reskinned Modern Ackacks, so my brain switched in to video game logic for the episode. So although a departure from how the show has previously presented, it is no less plausible than the idea of a woman riding a dragon being able to dodge those same ballista bolts.
Fantasy worlds do need their own internal consistency but plausibility needs to be given a very long leash

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm pretty sure everyone was satisfied with the killing of Ramsay and Joffrey.

Satisfying has nothing to do with morality. People cheering for immoral behavior open the door to what Dany did. Mass murder. That is the true face of a despote who thinks they have sovereignty over people's lives. As long as people cheer immoral behavior and despote, immoral behavior will continue and despote will rule. They shouldn't be surprised.

Of course, no person will be learn by the masses today. Your cheering at murder is a testament to that.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
If there is anything to be learned here, it is how important George RR Martin's writing was to the success of the show... without that backbone, the show stumbles towards the finish line in a hurry.

Dany will still be a murderous despote on the books.

When I saw the scorpions used by Euron to slay the dragon I was reminded of video games like Spartan Total War where they are essentially reskinned Modern Ackacks, so my brain switched in to video game logic for the episode. So although a departure from how the show has previously presented, it is no less plausible than the idea of a woman riding a dragon being able to dodge those same ballista bolts.
Fantasy worlds do need their own internal consistency but plausibility needs to be given a very long leash

They also need to be consistent. We have been shown how accurate or inaccurate the Scorpion is three or four times in the show (one of which was the episode before). And it is always as accurate as the plot requires at that time, which means not consistent at all.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ramsay's book counter part is every bit as evil as the one on the show. But some of his acts were switched from a character not featured on the show, to one that is; Sansa.
The show indeed struggles a lot around season 5. The book on which it is based, Feast for Crows, struggles about just as much (although they also throw in some Dance with Dragons). There's a lot of aimless floundering about in Dorne with new characters that no one really cares about, and the main cast is mostly abscent. And the ironborne aren't very interesting either, though I feel the show did both a disservice.

I have read the books although it has been a while.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases