GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 5

Zardnaar

Legend
Problem with Dany as the big bad though is they only have a one episode build to it vs 8 seasons of say The Night King. Hell watch the first ever episode the build was for the white walkers.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I have an idea on how to explain Drogon's dominance this episode.

Euron only managed to get three scorpions constructed and their crews trained. The ones that killed Rhaegal.

The rest of the scorpions were literal cardboard cutouts. Dany figured it out because she is also a cardboard cutout this season.

Sadras

Legend
I have an idea on how to explain Drogon's dominance this episode.

Euron only managed to get three scorpions constructed and their crews trained. The ones that killed Rhaegal.

The rest of the scorpions were literal cardboard cutouts. Dany figured it out because she is also a cardboard cutout this season.

Euron is also a cardboard cut out, cut from the same place they made Captain Marvel.

In other news there is a youtube vid going around by actor Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan Selmy) at a 2019 russian con where he states that GRRM finished books 6+7 but cut a deal to release them soon after season 8.

Check minute 31:29

If this is true...

Last edited:

Joker

First Post
Euron is also a cardboard cut out, cut from the same place they made Captain Marvel.

In other news there is a youtube vid going around by actor Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan Selmy) at a 2019 russian con where he states that GRRM finished books 6+7 but cut a deal to release them soon after season 8.

Check minute 31:29

If this is true...

Good on him for wanting to make some money. He's got a few good charities going. I don't mind it.

Joker

First Post
Oh, right. Let's just toss the whole prophecy out the window with that one. The least they could have done would have been to have him tenderly holding her neck while kissing her when they died, so at least she could have died with the younger brother's hands around her neck like the prophecy said.

The prophecies aren't exactly set in stone. People have human ways of interpreting them, seeing signs where there aren't any. A fair number of them don't even come true.
George has said as much in his interviews. Prophecies are sometimes self-fulfilling. Sometimes they come true in ways that aren't particularly grand.

Aside from that, I don't see how whether the prophecy coming true or not affects the emotion of those scenes. For me, both of them are tragic characters.

Kaodi

Hero
Cersei was killed by her little brothers in a sense. Tyrion frees Jaime, who convinces Cersei there is a way out through the catacombs, but it is buried and they both die. Maybe if Tyrion had left Jaime alone Cersei would have gone out a different way (and probably still died in the end).

While I think the writing and pace these last two seasons has undercut some of the story and characters, I loved how this season has subverted all expectations. Daenerys isn’t a liberator, but a vengeful conqueror. For all Tyrion’s vaunted intellect, his plan fails. Jon just spends this episode being horrified. Neither Arya nor Jaime kills Cersei. Cleganebowl was about the only thing that I thought went how one would've expected it to.

It’s not perfect, but honestly, ending a series with this much going on isn’t easy (as evidenced by GRRM still being stuck). There are bound to be some rough edges. But the top TV show is one with dragons and undead and magic swords, and that’s still pretty darn incredible.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases