OOTS 1163 They Stayed Friends Though:

hamishspence

Adventurer
This is 3e though, not 5e - there's no such thing as Blade Pact. closest equivalent is Eldritch Glaive - but it looks more like a sword than a glaive.

Given that he's exactly the same height as Durkon, I think it's probable that he's related to dwarves in some way.

Nagol

Unimportant
This is 3e though, not 5e - there's no such thing as Blade Pact. closest equivalent is Eldritch Glaive - but it looks more like a sword than a glaive.

Given that he's exactly the same height as Durkon, I think it's probable that he's related to dwarves in some way.

It's not 3e. Rich had a post about that when 4e came out. People were asking if the strip would go through a period of "World change" like 3,0 to 3.5 had way back at the beginning of the strip. Rich said it was inspired by particular RPG editions, but he felt comfortable including things from whatever source was interesting.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
as to being dwarvin, I see a pretty good beard on him and as to the weapon, it could be spiritual weapon. I agree with the op speculation of him being a celestial

hamishspence

Adventurer
It's not 3e. Rich had a post about that when 4e came out. People were asking if the strip would go through a period of "World change" like 3,0 to 3.5 had way back at the beginning of the strip. Rich said it was inspired by particular RPG editions, but he felt comfortable including things from whatever source was interesting.

You mean this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?203003-4e-Oots

I think, since then, the pattern has been toward the 3.5e ruleset - monsters since then have have DR/adamantine, or DR/silver, or DR/cold iron. Neither 4e nor 5e has those.

I believe it's safe to say that the basic chassis for OOTS is 3.5e, even if other editions might receive the occasional nod.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases