Broadcast TV- Renewals, Cancellations
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

Broadcast TV- Renewals, Cancellations

So, a quick link to this ongoing list of broadcast TV shows and their status re: cancellation or renewal-

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/1...newed-canceled

Highlights/Lowlights for the nerds among us:

Cancelled/Series Finales:
    Gotham
    iZombie
    Supernatural (this was still on?)

Renewed:
    The 100
    Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Legend's of Tomorrow
    Flash
    Agents of SHIELD
    The Orville
    Supergirl

Still Waiting:
    Eh .... nothing that great?

Observation:
    Other than the Orville and Agents of Shield, I was shocked to see how the CW had pretty much cornered the market on nerd-friendly broadcast TV.

Okay, so they are more "soap operas with super heroes" than intellectually rigorous programming, but still.

Lama (Lvl 13)

yeah, I've stopped watching the CW shows too - so hopefully something else will pop up to offer a bit more interest. At least Agents of Shield is something

I hear that What they Do in Shadows has a season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguez View Post
    yeah, I've stopped watching the CW shows too - so hopefully something else will pop up to offer a bit more interest. At least Agents of Shield is something

I hear that What they Do in Shadows has a season 2
    Yep, that's confirmed. WHICH IS AWESOME!*

I don't think that there's a comprehensive list of non-broadcast shows and renewals, which is unfortunate.

*Seriously- how did they pull off the guest stars for that last episode? Even so, nothing will ever be as funny, to me, as the City Council meeting episode. So perfect.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey13 View Post

*Seriously- how did they pull off the guest stars for that last episode? Even so, nothing will ever be as funny, to me, as the City Council meeting episode. So perfect.
    I agree that was impressive, especially when you hear that Taika Waititi actually turned down Cate Blanchett appearing because she didnt have a vampire credit to back her up - I suppose it shows just how much influence a Marvel Movie and a fun personality gives you in Hollywood.

I did like the council scene, but for some reason my favourite scene was the Colin v Evie 'fight', that made me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguez View Post
    I agree that was impressive, especially when you hear that Taika Waititi actually turned down Cate Blanchett appearing because she didnt have a vampire credit to back her up - I suppose it shows just how much influence a Marvel Movie and a fun personality gives you in Hollywood.

I did like the council scene, but for some reason my favourite scene was the Colin v Evie 'fight', that made me giggle
    That was excellent, but I have had experiences with various local government commissions and councils, and everything about that was so absolutely perfect.

I fully believe that not only does Colin exist, but that he regularly attends local government functions with stacks of index cards and a desire to feed off of me.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Arrow was renewed? That's surprising taking the last season into consideration. It couldn't be any more boring

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynDenton View Post
    Arrow was renewed? That's surprising taking the last season into consideration. It couldn't be any more boring
    Im struggling with all the Arrowverse superhero shows right now. Flash has lost its sense of fun, Arrow is boring, Legends is just slapstick. Supergirl is currently the best of them.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Im struggling with all the Arrowverse superhero shows right now. Flash has lost its sense of fun, Arrow is boring, Legends is just slapstick. Supergirl is currently the best of them.
    The crossover shows, in an attempt to force viewers to watch the shows that they weren't currently also watching, had the affect on me of making me drop the lot.

Unfortunately it seems that amazon has dropped "The Tick", which I was enjoying.

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    We watched them and they were alright but dumped the lot. Gotham, Agents, Arrow, Flash all went downhill. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were better but got cancelled. Iron Fist was just bad.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Bored out of my skull from the mass-production of trash coming out of Hollywood, I've started watching some foreign series on Netflix.

German: Parfum (Perfume book and movie), Dark (reminds me of Stranger Things)
    Turkish: Diriliş: Ertuğrul (Last Kingdom-ish) - only just started this, so won't vouch for it yet.
    Israeli: Fauda (think Homeland-like)