YouGov D&D Alignment Survey - how many Britons identify as Chaotic Evil?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    London England
    Posts
    18,435

    YouGov D&D Alignment Survey - how many Britons identify as Chaotic Evil?

    This is incredible!
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...ns-are-neutral

    Eg on public figures:
    Among the Lawful Good group the public figure they like most compared to other groups is Theresa May. By contrast, the public figure that Chaotic Goods like most compared to other groups is Jeremy Corbyn.

    Two further Labour figures top the lists, with Neutral Goods’ most preferred public figure being Labour MP Margaret Hodge and True Neutrals liking former Home Secretary David Blunkett.

    Among Lawful Neutrals the most relatively favoured figure is Prince William, while Chaotic Neutrals have a thing for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

  2. #2
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Rabbitbait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waikuku Beach, New Zealand
    Posts
    492
    This is awesome, shame they couldn't find enough evil people to make statistically valid statements about them, but on the other hand it's really good that they couldn't find enough evil people to make statistically valid statements about them.
    Laugh pukunui, Azzy, mrrockitt laughed with this post

  3. #3
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    mach1.9pants's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,461
    Sadly there was no Lawful Stupid or Chaotic Stupid alignments - pretty prevalent in the human race

  4. #4
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Freiburg, Germany
    Posts
    164
    That's a good one for sure!

    Really funny way, to ask directly are you good/neutral/evil.
    Perspective, I say...
    As always with alignment, all debatable.

  5. #5
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by S'mon View Post
    This is incredible!
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...ns-are-neutral

    Eg on public figures:
    Among the Lawful Good group the public figure they like most compared to other groups is Theresa May. By contrast, the public figure that Chaotic Goods like most compared to other groups is Jeremy Corbyn.

    Two further Labour figures top the lists, with Neutral Goods’ most preferred public figure being Labour MP Margaret Hodge and True Neutrals liking former Home Secretary David Blunkett.

    Among Lawful Neutrals the most relatively favoured figure is Prince William, while Chaotic Neutrals have a thing for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
    I would pin pretty much all of those named people (along with most of the population of my country) as Evil.

  6. #6
    Member
    Titan (Lvl 27)

    Dannyalcatraz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Alcatraz & D/FW
    Posts
    39,168
    How much does anyone want to bet that Chaotic Evil Britons lied and self-IDed as other alignments

    1) to remain concealed
    2) to skew the polling
    3) to sow chaos and uncertainty
    4) for chutes* and giggles
    5) all of the above






    * weeeelllll, not so much “chutes”...

  7. #7
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Farquhar View Post
    I would pin pretty much all of those named people (along with most of the population of my country) as Evil.
    That's probably more on you. People are starting to identify people they don't like or disagree with as evil.

    Prince William and Harry I would probably skew more towards good alignment, their grandmother the Queen LN I could buy.
    XP mrrockitt gave XP for this post

  8. #8
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    London England
    Posts
    18,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
    That's probably more on you. People are starting to identify people they don't like or disagree with as evil.

    Prince William and Harry I would probably skew more towards good alignment, their grandmother the Queen LN I could buy.
    I think it's more that LNs identify more with traditional monarchical authority and the prince-saviour archetype, rather than anything about Prince William's own personality.

  9. #9
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    London England
    Posts
    18,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz View Post
    How much does anyone want to bet that Chaotic Evil Britons lied and self-IDed as other alignments

    1) to remain concealed
    2) to skew the polling
    3) to sow chaos and uncertainty
    4) for chutes* and giggles
    5) all of the above
    They weren't asked "Are you CE?" per se - they were asked

    When it comes to defence spending, which comes closer to your view?
    Britain should increase spending on the armed forces so we can ensure we are protected against threats and remain a global power 43%
    Britain should not increase spending on the armed forces so the money can be better spent elsewhere on things like education and healthcare 40%


    and

    If you had to choose, which of the following sets of values would you say most closely resembles your own:
    Honour, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability 29%
    Freedom, adaptability, and flexibility 17%
    An even split between the two 46%


    Thinking about the way you live your life, do you think it would be most fair to describe yourself as...
    Good 63%
    Neutral 30%
    Evil 2%

  10. #10
    Member
    Titan (Lvl 27)

    Dannyalcatraz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Alcatraz & D/FW
    Posts
    39,168
    Quote Originally Posted by S'mon View Post
    They weren't asked "Are you CE?" per se - they were asked

    When it comes to defence spending, which comes closer to your view?
    Britain should increase spending on the armed forces so we can ensure we are protected against threats and remain a global power 43%
    Britain should not increase spending on the armed forces so the money can be better spent elsewhere on things like education and healthcare 40%


    and

    If you had to choose, which of the following sets of values would you say most closely resembles your own:
    Honour, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability 29%
    Freedom, adaptability, and flexibility 17%
    An even split between the two 46%


    Thinking about the way you live your life, do you think it would be most fair to describe yourself as...
    Good 63%
    Neutral 30%
    Evil 2%
    C’mon, S’mon!

    You’ve never been handed a questionnaire that you had no interest in and considered not taking your answers seriously- answering at random- or deciding to mess with the results intentionally?

    Now imagine being chaotic evil, with that mindset as your default...


    We also know evil people often don’t even think of themselves as evil. Many of the worst even see themselves in a heroic or messianic light.

    ( )

Similar Threads

  1. Alignment Question - Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil?
    By Arthur Redwyne in forum *Pathfinder & Starfinder
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Sunday, 9th October, 2011, 02:48 PM
  2. Playing an Evil or Chaotic Evil Palading or Cleric. Help!
    By babinro in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Monday, 9th June, 2008, 01:26 AM
  3. The warlock alignment requirement of being Evil or Chaotic, a good or bad thing?
    By frankthedm in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Wednesday, 16th August, 2006, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •