Are you satisfied enough with the Artificer to publish it?

Are you satisfied enough with the Artificer to publish it?

• Yes

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Almost, just needs a couple of minor changes

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • No, it's it needs major changes

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No, it needs to be rebuilt from scratch

Votes: 14 18.9%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
In all seriousness, I actually do not care if/when they publish it, as I believe KibbleTasty's Alternate Artificer (currently on v1.7) already is a better version than what WotC has continued on with and it is all I will ever want or need in an Artificer. The seven subclasses it has for it cover conceivable archetype I might ever want, and my Eberron campaigns have already benefited from its existence.

Unless your only option is playing Adventurer's League and thus HAVE to use the WotC version... I don't know why anyone would go with theirs over KibbleTasty's.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I haven't gone over the changes in detail, specifically the new subclasses but also looking for other changes since February. The XGtE spells was a good add. I think they updated the Infusion list which is somethign I wanted, but I need to compare.

I still don't like the turrets from the Artillerist. They don't scale, becoming less important than a cantrip. They are in that in-between place of using an action to summon, so I can't look at them as just a damage boost like Hex or Hunter's Mark, but a bonus action to use, so I shouldn't expect them to do scaled cantrip damage. Though the temp HP one seems quite nice. Add in a paladin with auras and the team can turtle up well.

The change for multiclassing rounding of half-casters is one that was discussed her in geenral a few months back, and I started against it but was convinced I was wrong - all rounding up does is keep it on par with normal casting in almost every case, vs. being a big hit to the half- and third-casters much of the time. So I'm for it and would love to see that become official errata.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Its not bad, mechanically speaking.
The main chassis is well done and the modularity is interesting.
But...I dont think the archetypes are a good fit for the fiction people are envisioning when building an artificer. On some of them, the ''pet'' seems forced and on some others, its like they wanted to put too many things in a single archetype.

I think some the ''pet'' features should be Innovations restricted to certain archetypes, just like some Warlock Invocations are restricted by Pact

No, I don't. I don't like it. What role does it fill? What does it add to the core group of classes that isn't already covered by those classes?

My personal opinion, mind you...but it doesn't seem to fit well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases