Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Now To Be Produced By... Cubicle 7!

Admidst all the mystery of what happened to Ulisses North America's Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory, we finally have an answer! Cubicle 7, who currently produce Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E and are developing Soulbound, the new Age of Sigmar RPG, are now taking over!

wg.jpg

I just got the following email from C7:

Cubicle 7 Entertainment to publish Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying

Games Workshop is pleased to announce that award-winning publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment is to produce Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying games.

Cubicle 7 CEO Dominic McDowall said, ”Warhammer 40K is a huge chunk of our gamer DNA so we are all incredibly excited to build on the long legacy of 40K RPGs. I’ve been a 40K fanatic since the first edition, so I am absolutely delighted to bring our brand of roleplaying to this amazing setting.”

The initial range of products will be a revised reprint of the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook and an extensive range of supplements covering exciting new areas, as well as revisiting beloved old favourites. Cubicle 7 hope that their track record of producing beautiful and immersive licensed games that capture the feel of their settings – including Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – will appeal to Warhammer 40K gamers old and new.

Cubicle 7 is working with Ulisses’ Wrath & Glory design team to deliver the titles already planned for the game. Ulisses will continue to publish the German language edition of Wrath & Glory, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and the Warhammer Age of Sigmar roleplaying games, in partnership with Cubicle 7.

Cubicle 7’s new license comes on the back of a year of enormous growth for the company, with a huge increase in staffing and capability to deliver its range of best-selling game lines.

So, the short version: Ulisses will continue the German version, C7 will be producing a revised reprinting of the English version and produce the future planned titles

Last edited by a moderator:

turkeygiant

First Post
I pray to the God Emperor that they revise the game mechanics to resemble the original system of Dark Heresy like they've done with WFRP 4E.
I actually really like Wrath and Glory for its take on 40k as a unified system for all types of games. The book as released though was just really rushed and lacking polish. If they were to go back to 2e Dark Heresy style rules that would be cool, but im also going to be just as happy if they just fix up the current Wrath and Glory system.

J. H. Frank

First Post
Fine, how’s this:

I am upset that the English version of W&G was so sloppy it caused the publisher to lose the license and force a near-immediate reprint, making my actual physical book much less usable at the table. It’s the late 2010s. Publishing in pdf first and incorporating the feedback is industry standard, and the pdfs certainly came out early enough for a round of “spot the obvious problems.”

turkeygiant

First Post
I wonder if this was Games Workshop forcing the license to switch to a more competent publisher or Cubicle 7 approaching Ulisses NA to say "let us buy you out of this mess you got yourself into" while also solidifying themselves at the only warhammer rpg publisher.

J. H. Frank

First Post
Yeah, but “reprint” can’t.

GW just released a new Chaos codex that is an exact copy of the first one, just with an extra signature of pages worked in holding entirely new pages stolen from a different, newer supplement. It was absolutely a “revised reprint” or “expanded reprint” or even just a “reprint.”

This prescriptivist thing where people are acting like they can divine the exact plan from two words with variable meanings is remarkable.

My only position is that I am assuming the worst because that is what I expect from Wrath & Glory now.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
GW just released a new Chaos codex that is an exact copy of the first one, just with an extra signature of pages worked in holding entirely new pages stolen from a different, newer supplement. It was absolutely a “revised reprint” or “expanded reprint” or even just a “reprint.”

This prescriptivist thing where people are acting like they can divine the exact plan from two words with variable meanings is remarkable.

My only position is that I am assuming the worst because that is what I expect from Wrath & Glory now.

OK.

Staffan

Legend
This is not really filling me with confidence about the upcoming Aysle kickstarter. Ulisses really needs to get their stuff into gear and do some explaining.
This was apparently posted to the W&G Facebook page two hours ago (but only just now reposted to the Ulisses FB page):
Ulisses Spiele said:
We’ve been busy behind the scenes finalising a deal that’s been a long time in the making. Ulisses has been working increasingly closely with Cubicle 7 Entertainment, and so we are formalising that arrangement with Cubicle 7 taking the lead on Wrath & Glory development. This will make Wrath & Glory the best it can be, and allow us to pursue our other great game lines more thoroughly!Dom and the team at C7 are huge 40K fans and we know the game is in good hands. We’ll keep publishing the German language edition, of course, as well as working with Cubicle 7 on the German language editions of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Our Wrath & Glory team will be working with Cubicle 7 to deliver the supplements planned for wave two, three and beyond. We’re really excited to be working with Cubicle 7 and about the future of Wrath & Glory!

Still, some behind the scenes info would be seemly.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
This is not really filling me with confidence about the upcoming Aysle kickstarter. Ulisses really needs to get their stuff into gear and do some explaining.

Aysle kickstarter? I'm getting more and more concerned about fulfillment on the Nile kickstarter - which is done except for the printing and shipping of physical products.

TheMartyr781

First Post
This is a shame. Coming from someone who purchased both the wrath CE as well as wfrp4 CE. Cubicle 7 delays and delays and delays their product with terrible communication. I'm still waiting for the wfrp4 starter set to be delivered.

imagineGod

Legend
Finally, an opportunity to fix the plague of errors. That terribly edited English edition of Wrath and Glory must burned Ulisses North America so much, they no longer even exist as independent entities. Exterminatus!!!

pogre

Legend
This is a shame. Coming from someone who purchased both the wrath CE as well as wfrp4 CE. Cubicle 7 delays and delays and delays their product with terrible communication. I'm still waiting for the wfrp4 starter set to be delivered.

100% agree. I am in the same boat.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases