Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Now To Be Produced By... Cubicle 7! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Quote Originally Posted by uraence View Post
    I pray to the God Emperor that they revise the game mechanics to resemble the original system of Dark Heresy like they've done with WFRP 4E.
    I actually really like Wrath and Glory for its take on 40k as a unified system for all types of games. The book as released though was just really rushed and lacking polish. If they were to go back to 2e Dark Heresy style rules that would be cool, but im also going to be just as happy if they just fix up the current Wrath and Glory system.

Fine, how’s this:

I am upset that the English version of W&G was so sloppy it caused the publisher to lose the license and force a near-immediate reprint, making my actual physical book much less usable at the table. It’s the late 2010s. Publishing in pdf first and incorporating the feedback is industry standard, and the pdfs certainly came out early enough for a round of “spot the obvious problems.”

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

I wonder if this was Games Workshop forcing the license to switch to a more competent publisher or Cubicle 7 approaching Ulisses NA to say "let us buy you out of this mess you got yourself into" while also solidifying themselves at the only warhammer rpg publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Yeah, but “reprint” can’t.
    GW just released a new Chaos codex that is an exact copy of the first one, just with an extra signature of pages worked in holding entirely new pages stolen from a different, newer supplement. It was absolutely a “revised reprint” or “expanded reprint” or even just a “reprint.”

This prescriptivist thing where people are acting like they can divine the exact plan from two words with variable meanings is remarkable.

My only position is that I am assuming the worst because that is what I expect from Wrath & Glory now.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by J. H. Frank View Post
    GW just released a new Chaos codex that is an exact copy of the first one, just with an extra signature of pages worked in holding entirely new pages stolen from a different, newer supplement. It was absolutely a “revised reprint” or “expanded reprint” or even just a “reprint.”

This prescriptivist thing where people are acting like they can divine the exact plan from two words with variable meanings is remarkable.

My only position is that I am assuming the worst because that is what I expect from Wrath & Glory now.
    OK.
    Laugh Dire Bare laughed with this post

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Quote Originally Posted by Staffan View Post
    This is not really filling me with confidence about the upcoming Aysle kickstarter. Ulisses really needs to get their stuff into gear and do some explaining.
    This was apparently posted to the W&G Facebook page two hours ago (but only just now reposted to the Ulisses FB page):
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Spiele View Post
    We’ve been busy behind the scenes finalising a deal that’s been a long time in the making. Ulisses has been working increasingly closely with Cubicle 7 Entertainment, and so we are formalising that arrangement with Cubicle 7 taking the lead on Wrath & Glory development. This will make Wrath & Glory the best it can be, and allow us to pursue our other great game lines more thoroughly!Dom and the team at C7 are huge 40K fans and we know the game is in good hands. We’ll keep publishing the German language edition, of course, as well as working with Cubicle 7 on the German language editions of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Our Wrath & Glory team will be working with Cubicle 7 to deliver the supplements planned for wave two, three and beyond. We’re really excited to be working with Cubicle 7 and about the future of Wrath & Glory!
    Still, some behind the scenes info would be seemly.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Staffan View Post
    This is not really filling me with confidence about the upcoming Aysle kickstarter. Ulisses really needs to get their stuff into gear and do some explaining.
    Aysle kickstarter? I'm getting more and more concerned about fulfillment on the Nile kickstarter - which is done except for the printing and shipping of physical products.

This is a shame. Coming from someone who purchased both the wrath CE as well as wfrp4 CE. Cubicle 7 delays and delays and delays their product with terrible communication. I'm still waiting for the wfrp4 starter set to be delivered.
    XP pogre gave XP for this post

Community Supporter
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Finally, an opportunity to fix the plague of errors. That terribly edited English edition of Wrath and Glory must burned Ulisses North America so much, they no longer even exist as independent entities. Exterminatus!!!
    XP Corporal_Chaos gave XP for this post

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMartyr781 View Post
    This is a shame. Coming from someone who purchased both the wrath CE as well as wfrp4 CE. Cubicle 7 delays and delays and delays their product with terrible communication. I'm still waiting for the wfrp4 starter set to be delivered.
    100% agree. I am in the same boat.