See Live Action D&D Cartoon Characters In This Car Commercial

A Brazilian commercial for a new Renault car has used some iconic imagery from the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series, depicting the characters of Hank the Ranger, Eric the Cavalier, Diana the Acrobat, Presto the Magician, Shiela the Thief, and Bobby the Barbarian with real actors. Scroll down for the actual commercial.

dnd_renault.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

Cartoon 1.jpg

The Originals

[video=youtube;opLyqJdirK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLyqJdirK8[/video]

Dire Bare

Legend
This could be more that a car commercial?

I think this is a real Hollywood D&D movie and the Renault website in Brazil posted some promotional material too early.

Heh, no. While it would be cool, that's not what is happening.

Nothing more than a very cool Brazilian car commercial. With the additional footage seen in Bedir Than's link, we might get a series of commercials, or maybe even a long-form commercial, but not an actual movie.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's unlikely Renault even has the license from . . . well, however holds the rights to the cartoon. I bet none of the commercials or footage mentions "D&D" or any of the kids names. Although, since I don't speak Brazilian, I can't be sure.

Dire Bare

Legend
The actors really ARE so very accurate! Tell Hollywood the next big series is right there!

I'm impressed with the background also, it's obvious they worked hard to match the look of the show, beyond just the characters themselves. Neat!

In my own head canon, I'm counting those three moons in the character posters as the three moons of Krynn. Did the kids TV show have three moons overhead?

vdal

Explorer
I think this is a real Hollywood D&D movie and the Renault website in Brazil posted some promotional material too early.

If you go to the site, there’s more posters including one of Dungeon Master and the heroes in profile. Neither of these posters have any Renault references on them. Instead they have the following message in Portuguese:

o retorno esta proximo

Which translates as:

the return is next

It actually translates closer to:

The return is approachng or near

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases