The New Dungeons & Dragons Storyline for 2019 Leaked Ahead of Live Stream - Page 10
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnside View Post
    I really have to commend them for this stream being so much better so far than the Stream of Many Eyes, which frankly was kinda cringe-y. They correctly gave all the hosting duties to Anna Prosser, and it's just games and interviews about the new stuff. So much less awkward.
    I really wish they'd hire NewbieDM as director frankly. He has the knowledge and experience to do this right and the passion for the subject matter. The camera angles and changes are really, really bad. It's been jarring to me constantly trying to cover this and I actually scared my cats out of the room yelling about poor framing on Anna Prosser at one point is was bothering me so badly.
    Laugh Prakriti laughed with this post

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

No setting announcement. Dang I watched that whole thing.
    XP TarionzCousin gave XP for this post

Eye see you little fishie
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Wait for Sunday

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

No Eberron announcement (yet)?

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    This all sounds pretty cool, but it's going to be coming out at the same time as Odyssey of the Dragonlords, which I have kickstarted, so I think it will have to wait ...
    Yeah, as genuinely cool as this sounds, it's likely a skip for me. Now, if they announce some sort of Planescape player-friendly book on Sunday, which seems likely, I'd be in for that.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Quote Originally Posted by darjr View Post
    Wait for Sunday
    Yeah, after last year's Sunday surprise (Dungeon of the Mad Mage), I'm not going to consider the announcements complete until the event closes down...

And here I thought I was done buying books...
    XP Stacie GmrGrl gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Burnside View Post
    I really have to commend them for this stream being so much better so far than the Stream of Many Eyes, which frankly was kinda cringe-y. They correctly gave all the hosting duties to Anna Prosser, and it's just games and interviews about the new stuff. So much less awkward.
    Yeah, this format reminds me of the stream they did for Storm King's Thunder in 2016. The presence of a live audience makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstruse View Post
    I really wish they'd hire NewbieDM as director frankly. He has the knowledge and experience to do this right and the passion for the subject matter. The camera angles and changes are really, really bad. It's been jarring to me constantly trying to cover this and I actually scared my cats out of the room yelling about poor framing on Anna Prosser at one point is was bothering me so badly.
    I haven't been watching enough to notice, but as someone who is also bothered by poor camera-work, I feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang Dustyboots View Post
    Yeah, as genuinely cool as this sounds, it's likely a skip for me. Now, if they announce some sort of Planescape player-friendly book on Sunday, which seems likely, I'd be in for that.
    Yeah, this is not the planar adventure I've been waiting for. But I'm kind of down on hardcover adventures in general. I have too many sitting on the shelf unplayed to justify buying another one.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    eBay for me again then, I guess.

you cant just wait till september?

i mean i get it that june to september is a huge exclusive window for Target, but... i suppose for review purposes it sucks.

i am actually surprised there isnt more Hasbro interference on how wizards/D&D release stuff and how they handle exclusive releases. also i think they have done well for wizards/D&D with the IP tie in, the rick and morty thing sounds fantastic, and i personally enjoyed the stranger things tie in, i also got it for 12 dollars.