The New Dungeons & Dragons Storyline for 2019 Leaked Ahead of Live Stream - Page 14
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWriterFantastic View Post
    "Hated with the heat of nine suns"? That's more hyperbolic than the warmly received claim.
    Yeah I was trying to be funny. And Im not sure theres been many (any?) positive reviews of that starter set.

Sorry to hear you're not a fan, but a lot of others are - Curse of Strahd, which won the ENNIE for Best Adventure in 2016 (and Best Cover/Art, and runner-up for Best Product), was his project. Sure it was an adaptation of I6: Ravenloft, but drastically expanded I6 for 5E. Given his bibliography of content produced, including a majority of the Shackled City adventure path (also an ENNIE award winner), I'm looking forward to the Essentials Kit. I'm not sure what's soured you on his work, but it might be worth giving some of his other products a look.
    I believe he has his hand in pretty much every product so far? I think hes the one who likes to inject silliness into the products? My players bring enough of that without WotC adding more.

I dunno, I think Im just burnt out on WotC adventures, they just dont work for me Im finding. Time to go it alone.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Quote Originally Posted by robus View Post
    I dunno, I think Im just burnt out on WotC adventures, they just dont work for me Im finding. Time to go it alone.
    I find I don't get much use out of the "Adventure Path" format (for which I blame Paizo). I prefer to use my own story arc for a campaign. What I do find useful are short adventures, dungeons and locations that I can drop into a campaign to save me doing all the work.
    XP schneeland, aco175 gave XP for this post

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Farquhar View Post
    I find I don't get much use out of the "Adventure Path" format (for which I blame Paizo). I prefer to use my own story arc for a campaign. What I do find useful are short adventures, dungeons and locations that I can drop into a campaign to save me doing all the work.
    #lifehack: you can do that by cannibalising the APs: Perkins has basically said he plans them out for such a purpose.
    XP pukunui, Ash Mantle gave XP for this post

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    #lifehack: you can do that by cannibalising the APs: Perkins has basically said he plans them out for such a purpose.
    This. You can pretty much cut and paste any bit from any of the 5e campaigns. Need a giant lair? Grab one from SKT. Need a castle in a swamp? Use Castle Naerytar from HotDQ. Need a wizard's tower in a city? Use Kolat Towers from W: DH. And so on.
    Last edited by pukunui; Sunday, 19th May, 2019 at 01:14 AM.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Defender (Lvl 8)

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. Black View Post
    Some of you follow my columns here on EnWorld. I'm thrilled to share with you that I was one of the writers on "Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus"

https://twitter.com/MTBlack2567/
    nice! Ive enjoyed your DMs Guild product too, top notch.

Ive enjoyed the new storyline and product ties, few more things to add to my collection it seems.

Eye see you little fishie
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by robus View Post
    Yeah I was trying to be funny. And Im not sure theres been many (any?) positive reviews of that starter set.
    Actually just the opposite. Its been lauded. Where have you been?

https://www.google.com/search?q=D%26...obile&ie=UTF-8
    DMSGuild Hottest items
    https://www.dmsguild.com/top_100.php...iate_id=182934
    Note that both the above links have my affiliate id.
    https://www.twitter.com/darjr
    XP Sorcerers Apprentice, the Jester gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    This. You can pretty much cut and paste any bit from any of the 5e campaigns. Need a giant lair? Grab one from SKT. Need a castle in a swamp? Use Castle Naerytar from HotDQ. Need a wizard's tower in a city? Use Kolat Towers from WH. And so on.
    I was about to mention SKT myself, but I'll put in a nod to Dungeon of the Mad Mage instead - virtually every level could easily be removed individually and used as a stand-alone adventure. Druid grove? Dwarven ruin? Evil Hogwarts? Githyanki base? Cursed mansion? All those and more are available!
    XP pukunui, Parmandur gave XP for this post

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ2112 View Post
    "D&D Essentials," huh? Really, guys? Too soon. In fact, it will never not be too soon. Just remove that word from the branding lexicon now. Maybe set it on fire, maybe pee on the ashes. Better safe than sorry.
    well, urine+ash is a pretty good fertilizer, so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    Yup - but its an expensive way of doing things.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

NVM