The New Dungeons & Dragons Storyline for 2019 Leaked Ahead of Live Stream - Page 26
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

eh, plenty of time ot learn more, knowing it exists officially is good enough for me... for now
    XP Parmandur, Birmy gave XP for this post

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
    So... they're going with the ONE non-FR classic setting people already have all the 5e D&D rules for and people paid $20 for just last year rather than literally any other setting.

That's super disappointing.
    They followed through on the one setting they had released a playtest document for, which makes sense: it's what I had been expecting after the Wayfarer's Guide early access playtest. There is more that isn't included in that book, like vehicle rules and importantly monsters, that will likely be here.
    XP vpuigdoller, kenmarable gave XP for this post

Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    They followed through on the one setting they had released a playtest document for, which makes sense: it's what I had been expecting after the Wayfarer's Guide early access playtest. There is more that isn't included in that book, like vehicle rules and importantly monsters, that will likely be here.
    Just disappointing as we don't get anything new. No new races. No new setting on the Guild. Nothing that we didn't already have before...
    They got us to PAY for playtest material with the promise the PDF would be updated. Maybe it will now, maybe it won't.
    Read my webcomic & blog at:
    http://www.5mwd.com

Just disappointing as we don't get anything new. No new races. No new setting on the Guild. Nothing that we didn't already have before...
    They got us to PAY for playtest material with the promise the PDF would be updated. Maybe it will now, maybe it won't.
    They have updated the document as the playtest proceeded, and they did lay out that this was the hoped for plan since day one. Based on what they said at the time, this will probably only recycle the crunch that was tested, not the boatloads of fluff. The material was made AL legal, and supported, as well, so it has had value in play.

We don't know what may be new yet: Ravnica had material being playtested through September, so more subclass options seem probable. There are a metric tonne of Eberron specific monsters that WG doesn't touch with a ten foot pole, and fluff outside of Sharn is sparse in the book.
    XP Azzy gave XP for this post

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

The actual playtest material was realeased through UA as wellŚfor free. People played for the fluff.
    XP Parmandur, Dire Bare gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    The actual playtest material was realeased through UA as wellŚfor free. People played for the fluff.
    And the fluff and lore from Baker will probably remain distinctly in that book.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

And the fluff and lore from Baker will probably remain distinctly in that book.
    Likely. Wayfinder was more like an introduction for people new to the setting, and I think it excelled at that. The hardback will probably be far more dense with less new player handholding.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Alright, now that we know we are only getting the first circle of Hell detailed in the newly announced books, I expect the other 8 to be opened up on DM's Guild for everyone to publish about.

Quote Originally Posted by Enevhar Aldarion View Post
    Alright, now that we know we are only getting the first circle of Hell detailed in the newly announced books, I expect the other 8 to be opened up on DM's Guild for everyone to publish about.
    It already is: nothing has stopped anyone from doing that for the past several years.

Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Based on what they said at the time, this will probably only recycle the crunch that was tested, not the boatloads of fluff.
    Citation please.

We don't know what may be new yet: Ravnica had material being playtested through September, so more subclass options seem probable.
    Races only.
    Subclasses were tested far earlier.

I'd feel better if I liked the current iteration of the artificer. It has a lot of things I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Yes. They released the material free. Several weeks AFTER a few thousand people bought the PDF.
    That was a big complaint at the time regarding the UAs.
    Read my webcomic & blog at:
    http://www.5mwd.com