Paizo's Kingmaker Crowdfunding Campaign Extended - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithar View Post
    Sorry I was referring to this: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...ry-For-D-D-5E! and just wondering if there is going to be a way to get the 5e bestiary as a standalone product.
    All we know is whats on that crowdfunding page. Were just reading the same page you are.

I would like a PF1 book of the complete adventure (as RotR and Curse), I wonder why they don't do that? I won't buy PF2 anyway.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
    I wonder why they don't do that?
    Because its very existence is a PF2 promotion.

Lama (Lvl 13)

I would like a PF1 book of the complete adventure (as RotR and Curse), I wonder why they don't do that? I won't buy PF2 anyway.
    Supporting PF1 with a hardcover release just as you're about to release PF2 seems like a bad idea. Plus Kingmaker was originally released as a PF1 adventure path, so it's available for the PF1 rules currently if people want it. I'm pretty sure that the RotR and CotCT were originally released for 3.5E and then released as a hardcover compilation updated to PF1 rules.

Extending the campaign at this point feels like Paizo were expecting more backers for the project, so are extending the end date in a last ditch effort to try and up the backer numbers.
    XP EthanSental gave XP for this post

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Will the 5E book contain the NPC stats in addition to the monsters? Also what about all of the 5E skill check DCs and trap conversions? If someone wanted this JUST for 5E, will it all be there somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Because its very existence is a PF2 promotion.
    I guess I'm really not the target audience then. Doing that is just alienate my trust in Paizo.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout View Post
    Supporting PF1 with a hardcover release just as you're about to release PF2 seems like a bad idea. Plus Kingmaker was originally released as a PF1 adventure path, so it's available for the PF1 rules currently if people want it. I'm pretty sure that the RotR and CotCT were originally released for 3.5E and then released as a hardcover compilation updated to PF1 rules.
    There's something I don't get; in French, there's several adventure paths in hardcover format, not just the first two. As far as I know, the French market is way under the numbers of the English one, it can't be that hard to print 6 adventures paths and put it in a hardcover book..?

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

I guess I'm really not the target audience then. Doing that is just alienate my trust in Paizo.
    Theyre moving to a new edition. I thought that was clear.
    XP Olaf the Stout gave XP for this post

Pathfinder subscriber COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Why would it violate your trust in Paizo? Is coming out with material to support the new edition something untrustworthy?

There's something I don't get; in French, there's several adventure paths in hardcover format, not just the first two. As far as I know, the French market is way under the numbers of the English one, it can't be that hard to print 6 adventures paths and put it in a hardcover book..?
    There are 3rd party organizations doing translations of Paizo APs, some of them crowdfunded on the same site where Paizo is crowdfunding the Kingmaker anniversary edition. I expect there was a similar process for the combined editions in French you've seen. It's not Paizo putting them together - it's the 3rd party producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Theyre moving to a new edition. I thought that was clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by billd91 View Post
    Why would it violate your trust in Paizo? Is coming out with material to support the new edition something untrustworthy?
    But I don't want to :'( Not sure why though, I guess it's all the books I have, like I feel betrayed, it's weird I know.
    Last edited by Mercador; Sunday, 19th May, 2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Bad quoting

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Paizo's Kingmaker Crowdfunding Campaign Extended

But I don't want to :'( Not sure why though, I guess it's all the books I have, like I feel betrayed, it's weird I know.
    Buying a book from them doesnt make them your slave forevermore. Theyre allowed to make new things. This is not a betrayal.